12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts DVD
12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts: Managing Color and Texture
with Jillian Moreno
DVD | 65 minutes
Are you batty for batts? Have you fallen in love with gorgeous batts--beautifully blended, charmingly striped or layered, or totally wild? But how do you spin your very delightful to make the most of the color possibilities and make the yarn you want? In her new video, Jillian Moreno presents more than a dozen ways to spin all types of batts.
Batts are irresistible; almost every spinner has a few in their stash. But batts can be mysterious. How do you know what's inside that rolled up jewel of fiber and how to spin it? In this video we will dig deeply into batts. Learn how to spin batts for silky smooth or wildly textured yarn. Explore the different ways to spin multicolored batts, keeping the colors distinct, creating a pattern, or mixing the colors together. The first secret to spinning batts is knowing what type of batt you have and what type of yarn you want, and you'll learn that and much more in 12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts.
This video begins with an overview of the different kinds of batt and what yarns you can spin from them. You'll also learn how to control color flow in a batt, spin with or against a batt's inclination, and how to control texture to spin for lofty, smooth, or wild yarn.
You will love this video if you:
- Want to learn how to spin batts in different ways
- Are interested in learning to control color in a batt
- Want to learn how to control texture in a batt
In this video you will learn how to:
- Identify different kinds of batts
- How to prepare a batt to spin the yarn you have in mind
- Control color flow in a bat
- Control texture in a batt to spin for lofty, smooth, or wild yarn.
Techniques demonstrated in this video:
- Preparing a batt to spin
- Keeping colors distinct when spinning batts
- Blending colors in a batt
- Spinning textured and challenging batts
- Core spinning batts
About the Artist:
Jillian Moreno is a spinning teacher and author whose work regularly appears ion Spin-Off. She is the editor of the online magazine Knittyspin, and she is at work on her first book. Keep track of all of her crafty and other pursuits atwww.jillianmoreno.com!
Order your copy of 12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts: Managing Color and Texture Today!
- Well presented and clear.
- I bought this DVD when I was deciding if I wanted to buy a drum carder, and I am glad I did. The presenter really knew her material and I found her to be well organized, clear, and very easy to listen to. I will return to this DVD often when I make my own batts and spin them. I would be very happy to buy more DVDs from this presenter. (Posted on 10/12/2016)
- Intimidated by Batts No More!
- I have to admit, even though I've spun several batts, they kind of intimidate me. I never know if what I'm doing is going to give me a good result or not. But after watching this video, I feel much more confident and eager to tackle them. Different kinds of batts were covered, along with different techniques for spinning each of them. Several I had never tried before so I definitely learned a lot. I was also glad to see finished yarn and swatches were included so you could see what effects you can create. Definitely a great teaching DVD! (Posted on 9/7/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.