January BurdaStyle Flagship Kit
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Patterns included in this kit:
Photo Shoot Collection
Style Blog Collection
Winter Wonder Collection
Loft Life Plus Size Collection
Sew Along of
Ruffled Mini Skirt with Layered Side Panels and Color Block Mini Skirt with Layered Side Panels
Baby on Board Maternity Collection
Don't wait, claim your collection today!
- Missing the Vintage Dress Pattern
As other reviewers have mentioned, the patterns are presented in a somewhat disorganized manner, but it's not too bad. The price could be a little better, considering that you can order a physical back-issue from GLP News for $12 (shipping included).
Whether this is worth it for you depends on how quickly you need these patterns, and how you feel about pdf patterns in general. Most of the patterns in this issue take about 20ish pages to print out, with the bigger ones (e.g. coats and dresses) taking 40-70 pages.
My main point of dissatisfaction with this kit is that it doesn't include pattern #126 from the January 2015 issue, a vintage dress pattern. You can see it on the Russian Burda website: http://burdastyle.ru/vikroyki/platya/plate-otreznoe-po-talii-burda-2015-1-126/
I don't know whether the omission was deliberate or accidental; nevertheless, this kit does NOT contain all the patterns in this issue. (Posted on 7/21/2015)
- I just downloaded the Jan 2015 flagship kit. I received about 18 links to PDFs that included patterns in sizes 36 to 44. Seam allowances are not included in this issue like the patterns you buy in the store form Burda. I am looking through and clicking on my links and no magazine just table of contents, patterns to cut out, instructions, a one outfit sew along. I called customer service and the lady had to ask a supervisor and then got back to me saying this kit does not include the digital version of the magazine. I back order other Burda digital pattern books and they had all the patterns and including a digital version of the magazine as a reference. Because if you bought the magazine you would get the patterns in there anyway. I think customer service does not know what they are talking about. (Posted on 2/26/2015)
- A good Buy - Keep them coming
I love Burda patterns because they are so fashion forward and so well drafted. I don't like tracing those inserts that come with the magazine. That's what drew me to this downloadable version.
All the patterns come as separate pdfs (that you print, tape and cut out at home). I need to stress that you can individually print here because when the US version of the Burda magazine came out they had you download those overlapping patterns but this in the case here.
Every pattern plus the "Sewing course" which is actually just instructions with illustrations comes just as my January print issue has it. It is the same magazine just as a pdf.
As another reviewer noted - "there are no pictures of the items included in this kit - you must use the table of contents for each "collection" and match it up with the garment in the magazine to see what it looks like. Page numbers are included in the Table of Contents for each collection."
I hope that future issues have pictures so that you can see what is in your pattern library - its an over-site that is worth fixing Interweave.
While this is a pricey version of the print magazine (really it should be less since they aren't out printing paper or postage), I still prefer it to tracing the patterns. So let's hope Interweave offers this for each month;s patterns and let's demand they add a picture catalogue of patterns in their magazine somewhere.
(Posted on 2/2/2015)
- All the Patterns for the European Version of BurdaStyle
I decided to be the test subject for this item since it was not clear in the description or any social media what exactly this kit is.
I am a subscriber to both the European (UK) & American versions of BurdaStyle, so I can compare what I just bought here vs those two publications. This kit seems to be ALL the patterns from my UK version of the magazine in January. Like the American version, not all the patterns are included in the magazine, though most are. This kit seems to be a digital download of each pattern that was featured in the magazine.
There are no pictures of the items included in this kit - you must use the table of contents for each "collection" and match it up with the garment in the magazine to see what it looks like. Page numbers are included in the Table of Contents for each collection.
I find it strange that Interweave only sells the US version of the magazine and now the European kit. I'm hoping this means that Interweave will soon also start selling the European version of the magazine so that I do not have to pay ~$100/year for the a subscription & shipping for the UK magazine. (Posted on 1/23/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.