Test Your Fiber Knowledge: What’s Your Class Ranking?
It’s time to head back to school! Should you be teaching the class or partying in the freshman dorm? Test your fiber knowledge with this 10-question true or false quiz.
1. This handsome gal produces protein fiber.
2. Spain, Hispania in Latin, means “land of rabbits.”
3. All moths eat wool.
4. Micron count measures the diameter of fibers.
5. Hemp fiber is weaker than cotton fiber.
UIG via Getty Images
6. Sheep’s wool can be spun fresh off the sheep.
7. Cotton felts if you “shock” it by immersing it in hot then cold water.
8. Spider silk is too fine to use in textiles.
LightRocket via Getty Images
9. Llama fiber keeps the wearer cooler than sheep’s wool.
10. If a Merino sheep is not sheared, its dense fleece will keep growing and can endanger the life of the animal.