Spin Off Call for Submissions Spring 2018
Some of us still wince when we hear “geek” or “nerd,” but these days the fascinated, slightly obsessed, and deeply knowledgeable can wear our passions on our sleeves. In the Spring 2018 issue, talk nerdy to us.
Dive deep into your favorite subject. Help other spinners understand the details that are so important to you in our craft. Want to tell us about the difference between crimp and wave? Have you ever raised your voice over the finer points of semi-woolen and semi-worsted? We’re all ears.
On an unrelated (but no less important) subject, we are planning a section on weaving in the Spring issue. Share your warped articles and projects!
As usual, the issue will be organized loosely around themes, but we welcome articles that don’t fit tidily into them. We may ask to hold something for a future issue, so don’t hesitate to submit what’s on your mind.
We are looking for:
- Feature articles—intriguing stories, profiles, history
- Handspun projects—instructions using knitting, weaving, crochet, or other techniques with handspun yarn
- How-to articles—tell us how it is done
Please include with your submission:
- Feature or how-to articles—a brief description and detailed outline, supporting images. NOTE: For articles: emailed submissions are highly encouraged.
- Handpun projects—sketches and technical schematics (for garment); swatch of proposed stitch and sample of intended yarn (including details of weight and fiber).
- ALL submissions, you must also include: Your mailing address, phone number, and email address, along with a completed Submission Form Spin Off Spring 2018.
Submissions due: May 25, 2017
We will notify you of our decision by June 12, 2017
Accepted proposals due: July 24, 2017
Featured image: Nothing says spring like lambs! Auckland welcomes new born lambs at Cornwall Park on August 6, 2014 in Auckland, New Zealand. The daffodils and lambs indicate that Spring is making an early appearance in Auckland. (Photo by Jason Oxenham/Getty Images)