What Do Your Socks Say About You?
Growing up, I was really into personality quizzes. As a fan of both the Internet and magazines at quite a young age, I’d leaf through copies of Seventeen and browse the Web, taking quizzes that determined everything from what my ideal first date said about me to which Harry Potter character I’d be.
Of course, these were all just in good fun–there are legitimate personality tests out there that are way more in-depth than those that tell you your spirit animal is a dolphin. But that’s the point of these quizzes: to have some fun while learning just a teeny tiny bit about yourself.
When I saw our latest PieceWork pattern compilation, I couldn’t help but fondly reminisce on those personality quizzes of yore. Maybe it was all the Seventeen and Teen Vogue reading I did in my youth, but I’m a firm believer that your taste in fashion says a lot about who you are…and that goes for socks, too. Each of the knitted socks featured in this book are distinctly different, suitable for knitters from all “walks of life.” (Sorry, I had to.) Check them out and see if any of my not-so-scientific personality evaluations ring true for you:
- The Orkney Socks – If you’re attracted to these socks, you’re a laid-back individual. Featuring a mix of ancient and modern motifs, these knitted socks beg the wearer to curl up on the couch with a good book and a cozy blanket (which is probably one of your favorite activities).
- The Dog Sledge Socks – These socks are for the eclectic knitter who aims to stand out from the crowd. Made with bright mustard yellow yarn, the Dog Sledge Socks reveal a sense of confidence and boldness.
- The Lace Dancing Socks from Spain – If these socks draw you in, you definitely have a playful and lighthearted personality. With bobbles and lace decorating the legs, it’s hard to take anything too seriously when wearing these beauties.
- The 1655 Stockings – As the name suggests, these socks are for the traditional knitter. You’re comfortable and content in your ways, and friends often find your level-headedness to be reassuring.
- Queen Victoria’s Stockings to Knit – These knitted lace socks evoke a sense of elegance for the demure knitter. Traditional Shetland motifs add a graceful touch to make the wearer feel light on her feet and balanced.
No matter your personality, I’m sure you’ll find something to love in this beautiful pattern compilation…or if you’re like me, you can envision yourself wearing a different pair of socks every day of the week!