Take Your Needlework Techniques Back to School
We asked Jill Simonds, our online product manager, to give us the inside scoop on Craft University courses. Here’s Jill!
At Craft University, we’re partnering with experts in needlework design, technique, and culture to take needlework to the online classroom, and we want you to join us. Craft University is an online education program for those who want to learn new techniques, deepen their understanding, and choose when or where to participate in learning new skills to advance in their favorite craft(s), like needlework!
The online courses available at Craft University are engaging, inspirational, and cater to students at all levels. Craft University makes learning new techniques in needlework fun, easy, and rewarding when you can complete lessons at your own pace with immediate access and guidance from industry-leading instructors and interaction with other students. Take a look for yourself and see why our online courses are among the most prestigious learning resources on the market.
10 Reasons to Learn Needlework Techniques at Craft University:
- You’ll get step-by-step instruction on a variety of skills. Unlike a book or article, you’ll receive feedback from an expert in your chosen craft on how to improve your work.
- The content is developed by experts who know instruction and frequently write and teach about their course topics. You benefit from the expertise of someone who’s been there and has experiences to share.
- Many Craft University programs are designed specifically for people who do crafting for fun. Our students are people who, like you, want to get more from their craft. Craft University also offers courses on developing your small business and for professionals seeking certification.
- There’s a course for every crafter. Topics cover everything from patchwork basics to advanced jewelry making to historical embroidery and certification course — see our available courses and other online events. (Don’t see the online craft classes or online craft tutorials that you’d most like to take? Email us.)
- You can go to class in your jammies. Because you participate in class at home, no one will see your bed head or bunny slippers.
- Connect with other crafters. Each online course has a private message board just for the students and instructor, where you can bounce around ideas and share your challenges with other enthusiasts just like you.
- You’ll become a better crafter. The time, effort and money you invest in taking an Craft University course will pay dividends by teaching you how to further your goals more efficiently, confidently and cost-effectively.
- See tools and techniques in action. Some concepts are easier shown than told. Craft University courses incorporate photos, screen shots, and video demos to enhance your learning experience.
- You can save class materials for future reference. Many of our online course materials are available as PDF downloads, others you can save yourself, so you can keep all the materials to refer to later.
- You’ll make progress. Many courses incorporate exercises that allow you to practice techniques and apply what you’ve learned to your own work.
View our catalog of upcoming Craft University courses today, or register for our very first Needlework course to master Orenburg knitting and lace techniques. We hope to see you there!