Your Perfect Sock Pattern
According to the Sock Survey, your perfect sock pattern would be:
- Worked from the cuff down (70% of the votes);
- For a woman (46%);
- Designed in a textured (but not cabled) stitch pattern (22%);
- Worked on 5 dpns (37%); and
- Suitable for a variegated or handpainted yarn (36%).
To this, I say: Knitters, I thank you. My mission is clear. I must bring you a textured, women's, cuff-down sock pattern worked in handpainted yarn. So stay tuned!
Runners-up in each category:
- 30% of the votes went to toe-up socks–so these are much more popular than I thought!
- 26% of you knit socks for men. (Do we have enough sock patterns for men, or do we need more? Never mind. That's a silly question. We always need more!)
- 26% like to knit socks on 4 dpns.
- 20% prefer two circulars.
- Lace socks and plain ribbed or stockinette stitch socks were tied at 19% each. (Interesting sidebar: Despite the popularity of the Caspian Sea Socks pattern, only 7% say you like to knit colorwork socks. Maybe you like to download colorwork sock patterns for inspiration?)
- And last but-not-least: Solid yarn (26%) was just a bit behind self-striping (30%) yarn.
Alrighty, then. Let's see what I can come up with for all you sock fanatics.
Great Free Sock Pattern eBook:
Knitting Socks with Knitting Daily:
5 Free Sock Knitting Patterns
Need a new sock knitting pattern? Want a great free sock pattern? I've chosen five of our top sock knitting downloads and put them all together in one FREE ebook for you.
So what kind of sock patterns are in this eBook? Let's see. There's a knitted lace sock pattern, a cabled sock pattern, a colorwork sock pattern, a men's sock pattern, and an easy beginner sock pattern. Something for everyone!
Download Knitting Socks with Knitting Daily: 5 Free Sock Knitting Patterns