Thankful for My Knitting
Thanksgiving is tomorrow in the United States, and I have so much to be thankful for. I've got a wonderful family, a fabulous group of friends, my darling cat and doggies, mine and my family's health, and, of course, my knitting!
I'm truly thankful for knitting; here are just a few reasons why:
1. It fills my life with color.
2. It encourages my creativity.
3. It keeps my hands busy.
4. It introduces me to new people who share my love for the craft.
5. It loves to travel.
6. It likes the same TV shows that I like.
7. It keeps the same schedule as I do; if I want to knit in the middle of the night, it's there for me.
8. It likes to change bags as much as I do!
9. It challenges me.
10. It keeps me company, even when I'm cranky.
Thanks, knitting! I do love you.
After Thanksgiving, we'll be confronted with Black Friday and the Christmas rush. I think you should get yourself a little something before that happens. How about the Monsoon Shawl? I love it because it's knitted on size 10 needles with worsted yarn, not to mention it's beautiful! We've kitted it up for you for one-stop shopping.
|The Monsoon Shawl by Angela Tong|
You'll get the yarn (three skeins of TSCArtyarns Vanessa yarn in Blue Bayou) and a link to the pattern download. This shawl is really pretty, and there are several stitch patterns you'll use, from simple yarn-over eyelet to lace to that fabulous border.
Get your Monsoon Shawl kit today, and during the coming days, be sure to fit in some downtime to enjoy your knitting.
Happy Thanksgiving, Knitting Daily readers! I'm so thankful for you.