Size 19 1/2 (22 1/4)” head circumference, unstretched, and 74 (77)” brim circumference, stretched; shown in size 19 1/2″.
Yarn Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima Fine (100% pima cotton; 136 yd [125 m]/50 g):
- #3754 true black (A), 2 (3) skeins
- #3728 white (B), 2 skeins
Gauge 23 sts and 32 rnds = 4″ in St st.
- Size 4 (3.5 mm): Three 32″ circular (cir) needles (see Notes) and set of doublepointed needles (dpn)
- Size E/4 (3.5 mm) crochet hook
- Markers (m)
- 5 yd 16-gauge millinery wire (or other similar, rust-proof wire) in color to match A
- Gaffers tape or similar tape in same color as wire
- Tapestry needle
An iconic sun-hat shape takes on added drama with black-and-white stripes. Millinery wire inserted in the brim keeps the hat structured while allowing it to take on eye-catching shapes—drape one edge over half the face for mysterious sophistication.