Pantone Perfection – Top 5 Pins to Match Summer Colors
Each season we look forward to the release of the new PANTONE Color Trend Report. It’s the go-to guide for the top colors that fashion designers are featuring in their collections for the upcoming season. It’s also our go-to for a bit of color therapy for the upcoming knitting season.
There’s so much to love in this year’s spring + summer 2018 color collection. It’s fun and playful while leaving plenty of room for sophistication.
To inspire your summer knitting we did a little color matching of our own. We found five of the most popular pins on our Knitting Daily Pinterest account, and matched them to the Pantone spring 2018 palette. Now, it’s up to you to decide the hue!
1. This top pin really is “Almost Mauve”. This beautiful color is described by Pantone as “delicate and ephemeral” and I think we can all agree this shawl from the May/June issue of Piecework is a perfect color match.
2. The Rhetta Cardi is dripping with classic feminine details, but change up the shade and you’d have the perfect “Little Boy Blue” colored garment.
3. Which would you choose for the Darl Diamond-Lace Cardigan, “Pink Lavender” or “Spring Crocus”? With the beautiful purple in this design it’s not hard to imagine knitting it one of these other shades.
4. Enjoy being energized by the dash of “Chili Oil” in the surprisingly simple and delightfully colored Stone & Fire Cowl.
5. Just like a “Meadowlark” the Jonetta Garter-Cable Cardi is outgoing, lively, and is sure to have you singing.
The Pantone spring 2018 colors have inspired fashion and design in so many ways, so why not let them inspire our knitting? Learn more about each of these patterns and explore new tones in your knitting this season!