5 Free Knitting for Charity Patterns

You'll love these free knitting patterns for charity from a knitted baby blanket to a hat and everything in between.Doing something for someone else can be as easy as knit and purl. Now you can knit for charity with all sorts of patterns! Knitting blankets for charity is one of the best ways to give back, and we’ve got an adorable baby blanket pattern. A knit shawl is a wonderful way to wrap someone in the comforts of knitting. There are a few cuddly toy patterns that would make a cherished gift to children. We’ve also included both adult and baby sized patterns for anyone interested in knitting hats for charity.

DOWNLOAD NOW

Whether you’re interested in hats, blankets, wraps, or stuffed toys you will find a great selection of charity knitting patterns in this free download. Knitters have a unique ability to contribute to the welfare of society—we can share our craft with others, knitting love and comfort into each stitch. And knitting for charity is so rewarding!

What’s Inside?

Baby Beanie

Free charity knitting patterns.
By Kathleen Cubley
Newborns need to keep their precious heads warm, and the easy Baby Beanie is perfect for that. Knit several of them and donate them to a hospital in your hometown. You’ll feel so good knowing your charity knitting pattern is topping the heads of brand new babies!

Garter Stitch Baby Blanket

This easy knitting pattern of a knitted baby blanket is perfect for charity knitting.
By Kathleen Cubley
Babies also need blankets, of course. We’ve included a great, easy pattern for you that will knit up quickly. It’s basically a giant Granny’s Favorite Washcloth. This simple, quick knit will make a big impact on the baby who receives it.

Comfort Shawl

This is the perfect knitted prayer shawl pattern to make for someone who needs comfort and softness.
By Sandi Wiseheart
People going through chemo or any other medical crisis will love receiving a beautiful, comforting shawl. Make a few Comfort Shawls and contact The American Cancer Society to see which region in the country is in need. This is one of our favorite knitting patterns for charity.

Knitted Cuddlies

Free knitted toy patterns.
By Louisa Harding
Kids in crisis need something to love and call their own. Louisa Harding’s Knitted Cuddlies are perfect for charity knitting. There are three designs to choose from: a rabbit, a bear, and a kitty. Donate these to your local fire department or to the Red Cross.

Earflap Hats

Learn how to knit these earflap hats that are perfect for charity knitting.
By Knitscene Design Team
Adults, teens, and kids may have needs for a hat too, and these earflap hats are the perfect fit. There are actually three knitting for charity patterns here—we’ve included a family of hats in three different sizes. You’ll enjoy knitting the easy Earflap Hats and thinking about the those who will get so much use out of them in the cold winter months.

Enjoy spreading the love of knitting with these free patterns on knitting for charity. Knitting baby hats for charity is so rewarding, and we have the perfect little hat for you. You’ll enjoy knitting an easy baby blanket, too. There’s a comfort shawl for those suffering through an illness, and earflap hats in three sizes. We’ve also included a group of darling stuffed animals for kids who need something to cuddle. Download all five charity knitting patterns and start a new pattern today!

DOWNLOAD NOW

1. Lulu Y at 10:11 am February 20, 2017

unable to find the download. all the links in this article send me on an endless loop of entering my email address, then clicking on a link in the email, that sends me to a page full of downloads that do not include this one.

• Tiffany Warble at 10:27 am February 21, 2017

Lulu Y,
      Try clicking that link from your email again, and scrolling down to the first free downloads. It’s now featured there on the page for easy access.
      ~Tiffany

2. Cindy S at 12:52 pm February 20, 2017

I sure miss the old website! I am also unable to download the patterns. I find the page of downloads but the only action I can do is subscribe.

3. Marcia R at 12:53 pm February 20, 2017

I receive the newsletter, but can’t get to free patterns (e-books) you are promoting

• Tiffany Warble at 10:31 am February 21, 2017

Marcia R,
      Please see my note about how to get the access link. When you enter your email you won’t be subscribed again but you will be emailed the link to the free page with all the downloads. Let me know if that process works.
      ~TIffany

4. Y W at 4:09 pm February 20, 2017

Yes, I am also disappointed in this website and cannot access the free patterns, will stick to using Ravelry

5. Val S at 5:01 pm February 20, 2017

I’m having the same problem as everyone else. Endless loop telling me to subscribe. How in the world do you think I found out about the free e-books? In my newsletter!

• Tiffany Warble at 10:30 am February 21, 2017

Val S,
      ~TIffany

6. Susan F at 6:48 am February 21, 2017

Obviously, you have not corrected the problem as I cannot download the patterns either!!!!

• Tiffany Warble at 10:28 am February 21, 2017

Susan, please see my note below about subscribing to get the access link.
      ~Tiffany

7. Tiffany Warble at 10:25 am February 21, 2017

Thank you all for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re working continually at improving processes just like this one and look forward to what we can bring you in the future. If you are already receiving our emails, you need only enter the same email and you’ll get an email to that inbox with the link to access the free downloads (including this one). It won’t sign you up again when you use the same email.

I’ve also made it easier to find this free guide, it’s featured at the top of the page now: https://www.interweave.com/free-knitting-patterns/#popular. Let me know if you are able to access after following those steps.

Best,