Knitscene Spring 2016
New year, new knitting patterns! It’s time to plant the seeds of your 2016 knitted wardrobe, and the digital edition of Knitscene Spring 2016 is here to help. We’ve collected 21 fresh and fabulous knitting patterns that will jump start your knitting needles.
This Knitscene digital issue blends vintage fashion with utilitarian forms in 20 brand-new patterns. Plus, a special look at one of Interweave’s all-new books includes an excerpted pattern.
In this issue you’ll find:
- 4 brand-new patterns from featured designer Andrea Rangel, including the Salcantay Cowl—you’ll want to cast on for this immediately!
- 8 knitting patterns to show off your feminine side with retro-inspired fashion
- 8 other patterns built around this season’s hot trend, plaid and gingham fabrics
- A sneak peek at Alex Capshaw-Taylor’s couture knitting book, Dressed in Knits, with a sample sock pattern to knit
- Kate Atherley highlights the importance of a well-packed notions case, while Amy Christoffers explains the difference between picking up stitches and picking up and knitting stitches
- A super simple way to create vertical stripes in your knitting
Click on the project names below the images for more information.
Right: Chachani Hat, Andrea Rangel
Left: Sharon Tote, Lexi Nelson
Right: Peggy Sweater, Sarah Hurwitz