Lace Knitting: Knit these beautiful stockings!
Faina is offering a course all about this beautiful lace knitting pattern. The class starts November 20, 2015 and ends December 20. You can finish these stockings in time for Christmas!
Here are some of the things you’ll learn from Faina:
- Reading a chart
- Knitting a swatch
- Working the dewdrop cast-on
- Joining to work in the round
- Working in the round with your chosen method: double pointed needles, one, or two circular needles (all three will be discussed)
- Working with elastic thread
- Working the six stitch patterns used in this project
- Turning a heel
- Picking up stitches
- Working attractive decreases
- Closing the toe
That’s lots of learning. Plus, you’ll end up with a pair of one-of-a-kind heirloom lace stockings! And many of these skills will apply not only to socks, but to many of your current and future knitting projects.
Everyone is welcome in this course. Whether you’re a seasoned sock knitter, a brave beginner, or anywhere in between, there will be something for you to learn.
You’ll be able to work at your own pace or follow posted lessons; Faina will be there to walk you through all the steps of making the lace stockings, and she’ll be available to answer your questions as you go along.
Sign up for our Seamless Lace Stocking Course today! I know you can’t wait to get started on these beautiful stockings.