Interweave Knits Corrections – Knit Hits
Knit Hits: 11 Favorite Scarves
This booklet was included in the newsstand copies of the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits magazine.
1. Mohair Travel Shawl, Marji LaFreniere (page 7)
- Figure 3 ONLY of Russian Grafting instructions in box on page 7 is incorrect and needs to be replaced with the Figure 3 illustration from above.
- The intro paragraph on page 7 is incorrect and should be replaced with the following text:
This shawl is worked in two pieces. The first piece begins at a side corner. Stitches are increased until the straight side (top edge) reaches the desired center of back. Then short rows are worked, leaving off stitches from the tip edge on down until the rows are only a few stitches long. A second piece is made to match. The two pieces are grafted together at the center back.
- The last sentence of the instructions in KH on page 8 is incorrect and should be replaced. Just before Finishing, the text should read (beginning with “If you prefer…”)
Joining the two halves with short rows as you work the second piece is an option that will eliminate the Russian grafting step.
2. Diamond Cashmere, Ann Budd (page 8)
Missing Materials section:
Finished Size About 8” (20.5 cm) wide and 57” (145 cm) long.
Yarn Jaeger Cashmere 4-ply (90% cashmere, 10% polyamide; 107 yd [98 m]/25 g): #SHO112 camel, 4 balls.
Needles Size 3 (3.25 mm). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions Stitch holder, tapestry needle.
Gauge 28 sts and 34 rows = 4” (10 cm) in pattern st.
3. Twilight Lace, Laura Wallins (page 10)
Under First Half, after the provisional CO is completed: Beg with Row 1 and placing markers as indicated on chart, work chart from Row 1 to Row 12, then repeat Rows 5-12 a total of 16 times, or to half of desired overall length before end of scarf narrows.