Ravelry: Get the most out of your experience!
I joined Ravelry when it was still in Beta mode, and waiting for the email with my invitation was torture! I had heard how wonderful the program was, and how much knitters loved it, and I wanted to be one of the cool kids who belonged.
When I finally got my invitation, I was thrilled! I joined up right away and I had so much fun browsing the patterns people had completed, looking up designs that would work well for the yarns in my stash, and reading through the forums. It was a blast!
I love keeping track of my projects online with Ravelry, and seeing how projects I might want to knit look on other knitters, in other yarns, and in different sizes. Ravelry is a really powerful database, and it has so much to offer all knitters.
Sometimes, though, it’s wonderfulness can be a little overwhelming to newcomers, and having a guide can be really helpful.
Join knitting designer and teacher Jennifer Raymond on Thursday, May 5 at 1 p.m. Eastern for a webinar to find out how to get the most out of Ravelry!
Jennifer is a Ravelry expert, and she’ll show you the ins and outs of this wonderful website. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to use search functions to find patterns based on different criteria.
- How to find recommendations for yarn substitutions.
- How to look at what other people have done with a pattern.
- The best way to organize your library to make it searchable: never look for “that one pattern” again.
- Tips to plan your projects based off of your yarn and stash.
Sign up for the webinar now, and Jennifer will take you step-by-step through Ravelry, and demonstrate how to maximize your experience.
You can become a Ravelry power user!