Fantastic Knitting Finishing Techniques
Finishing and blocking are crucial parts of knitting, and designer, author, and instructor Tanis Gray is here to help you get it right the first time, with her video Basic Finishing Techniques! Tanis will help you answer common questions like:
- Why and how do you block a finished project?
- How do you weave in ends so they don’t show?
- How do you finish projects with lace or cable stitches?
After viewing Tanis’ detailed demonstrations and explanations, you’ll be able to take your knitting projects from homemade to handmade; you’ll see why it is absolutely worth the little bit of time and effort it takes to transform your knitted garments into something you will truly be proud of!
You’ll love this knitting finishing techniques video if you want to get the most out of your knitted projects, need to block a project to achieve the correct look or gauge, are newer to knitting or need a refresher on basic blocking and finishing techniques.
In Basic Finishing Techniques, you’ll learn how to use wool wash, warm water, and a little bit of time to transform your knitted projects, pin your projects carefully and evenly to achieve your desired look, weave in ends securely and invisibly, and much more.
Here are some of the knitting finishing techniques Tanis will teach you:
- Blocking a variety of stitches, including stockinette, lace, and cables
- Weaving in ends
- Basic seaming
- Pinning and using blocking wires
- Using wool wash and wet blocking
- Blocking and finishing different fibers and textures
Tanis has worked in the creative field since graduating from The Rhode Island School of Design in 2002. Having worked at Vogue Knitting and Martha Stewart, she prefers being tangled up in yarn and knitting whenever possible.
- With Craft Daily, you can access your videos anytime, anywhere, with a computer, tablet or smartphone
- Videos, quizzes and interactive content designed for a better learning experience
- You have unlimited access. Watch videos when you have time and at your own pace!