Did you guess right?
Look what came in the mail for me!
On Monday, I posted a little survey to ask you what you were knitting out of the Summer 2008 issue of Knits. I also asked you to guess which project I am making.
So: Did you guess right about what I was making?
Yes! You did! How on earth did you guess correctly, when I gave you no clues, no hints, no anything? You folks are amazing.
There was a actually a tie for the top guess–Wakame Tunic and Drawstring Raglan–so let's look inside the box of yarn that arrived on my doorstep and see what's inside:
Ta-DA! Yarn for the Drawstring Raglan.
Take a bow, all of you brilliant folks.
Of course, I am dying of curiousity: How did you know? Why did you pick that one–if you picked another one, why that one? Inquiring minds desperately want to know. However, we still in the land of No Comments here, so you can't really tell me. (Frustrating, this no comments thing. The database wizards are taking longer than anticipated to work their magic; we shall all just have to be patient. I am told that Friday is the day we can begin to speak to one another again. I can't wait.)
Want to know what you all picked out for me? Here's the list, top down.
1. Wakame Tunic, Drawstring Raglan (tie) 12% each
2. Leaf Kimono, Apres Surf Hoodie (tie) 11% each
3. Wallis Cardi 8%
4. Elinor 7%
5. Folded Cowl, Roped Shell, Tidewater Wrap (tie) 6% each
6. Delft Tee 4%
7. Imprint Tank 3%
8. Confectionary Tank, Autumn Asters, Gossamer Scarf, Brick Pullover (tie) 2% each
9. Windowpane Socks, Tapestry Skirt, Plaid Halter 1% each
10. Eyelet Surplice Dress, Maltese Hats, and "nothing" (tie) less than 1%
OK, How about you? What are YOU making?
Hey! Bertha's knitting my sweater!
Hands down, the most popular kid on this block is the Apres Surf Hoodie, with 17% of you casting on for that lacy little gem.
Here's the breakdown for what you are knitting for yourselves:
1. Apres Surf Hoodie 17%
2. Wakame Tunic 10%
3. Wallis Cardi 8%
4. Drawstring Raglan, Roped Shell, Gossamer Scarf (tie) 7% each
5. Tidewater Wrap, Leaf Kimono (tie) 6% each
6. Nothing 5%
7. Delft Tiles, Confectionary Tank, Windowpane Socks (tie) 4% each
8. Maltese Hats, Folded Cowl Tee (tie) 3% each
9. Elinor Tank, Imprint Tank, Brick Pullover, Autumn Asters (tie) 2% each
10. Tapestry Skirt, Plaid Halter, Eyelet Surplice Dress (tie) 1% each
It's always so interesting to see what catches your eye in each issue. For example, while you thought the Drawstring would be adorable on me, it's not one of your top choices to knit for yourselves. Same with the Leaf Kimono.
So here's a little homework assignment: Sit down with a friend (doesn't have to be a knitting friend) and go through a couple of knitting magazines. Have your friend pick out what she thinks would look best on you; you pick out what you think would look best on her. Sometimes our friends see possibilities for us that we ourselves might never have imagined, because they have a different, more objective, view of who we are and what we look like.
Sandi Wiseheart is the editor of Knitting Daily.
What's on Sandi's needles? If I can steal it away from Bertha, I'll be working on the Drawstring Raglan!