Cinnabar Button Scarf
The Cinnabar Button Scarf is a lace mesh scarf that is worked in an easy two row repeat. Secured with two buttons, the decorative lace doubles up as button holes, making it an adjustable and versatile scarf.
1. What was the inspiration for your submitted pattern?
I was inspired by color of the vibrant red to name it "Cinnabar" My aim was to create a pretty, yet easy chunky lace piece.
2. Was the design process smooth or did you run into any struggles?
I love lace knitted up with bulky yarn. However I had to do some experimentation because the lace had to be clean and simple enough as to not let any finer details get lost in the bulk.
3. What was the most valuable lesson you learned along the way?
I find it is helpful to always make a swatch with the intended yarn, needles, and stitch used to minimize any unwanted surprises along the way.
4. What materials are required to complete this pattern?
- 121 yards of super bulky yarn
- US 15 (10 mm) Straight Needles
- 2 Buttons
- Tapestry Needle
Get this scarf pattern here: http://fiberflux.blogspot.com/2013/12/free-knitting-patterncinnabar-button.html