Organize Your Jewelry Making Studio: 3 Steps for Making Your Small Space Work
Picture this: you’ve dreamed of having a room in your house to solely dedicate to beading projects. This room would be stacked high with drawers and cupboards containing your favorite wire and tools, and you’d most likely have a desk set up where you can do your work. This space would be somewhat sacred–it’s a space where you can devote your undivided attention to your work and feel inspired to be creative every day.
The reality is that most of us simply don’t have the room in our homes to create such a space! It’s rare to have a spare room just laying around–many of us are often overwhelmed by household clutter and resort to sprawling out our favorite jewelry projects on the kitchen table, coffee table, or even the floor. However, it is possible to make your small space work for you–check out these three tips!
- Designate a space: It may be difficult to do so, but try to designate a space in your home to devote solely to beading/jewelry making. Maybe this is a corner in your living room, or even a closet (see the photo above for inspiration)! Having a dedicated space to do your projects will make you feel more focused on your work.
- Keep your space organized: Clutter and disorganization will branch into other areas of your home, so it’s best to keep things as neat and tidy as possible. Our friends at Go-Organize.com have some fantastic products designed to keep your craft space orderly, including shelves, drawers, and cube organizers.
- Get creative: As an artist, you definitely have some creativity and innovation in you! Use this to your advantage when creating your designated craft space. Go-Organize.com offers a variety of innovative products to assist you in your journey; here are a few of our favorites:
- The Mobile Work Table is essentially a moveable desk that can be wheeled throughout your house. This workstation in itself can be used as your designated craft space: simply wheel it to a corner of your living room, then wheel it back in to your closet when you’re finished! Other handy mobile Go-Organize.com products include the Mobile Craft Center, 5 Drawer Mobile Organizer, and Mobile Storage Tower.
- When you don’t have a ton of floor space, use your walls! The 2 Pack Wall Shelves, 3 Pack Peg Boards, and Wall Mount Embellishment Organizer are all great products for those who struggle with finding floor or desktop space.
- If your desktop space is frequently cluttered, the Desktop Craft Organizer is a great option for organizing and storing your beads, wire, and more.
If you are still struggling with where to start, Go-Organize.com offers a couple of handy tools to help you begin your organizational journey. The Ask Your Organizer tool allows you to submit your craft organization and storage questions to a professional organizer for one-on-one advice, while the Design Tool serves as a virtual designer to help you visualize your new crafting space.
I hope that these tips help you create an organized and designated craft space that’s truly your own! If you have your own organizational tips and tricks, please share them in the comments below for a chance to win a Revolving Organizer! Two winners will be randomly selected. The deadline to submit your comment is December 17, 2015, at 11:59 PM Mountain Time. Good luck! –Tammy