Kumihimo Wirework Made Easy: Chandelier Earrings
Acting as proof to the versatility that wire kumihimo jewelry can have, the Chandelier Earrings design from Christina Larsen’s book Kumihimo Wirework Made Easy, can be customized to suit a variety of occasions.
A long length of Cross Kumihimo braid structure spirals down to the end point of the Chandelier Earrings and can be altered easily depending on the length of earrings you desire. Add sparkling bicone crystals to create earrings that are perfect for an extra special occasion, or swap in small colored beads for a more playful look instead.
Earrings shown measure 1-1/4” x 2 1/8” (3.2 cm x 5.5 cm) each
• 17’ (5.2 m) of 20-gauge wire
• Approximately 70 bicone crystals (2.5 mm)
• Approximately 70 ball-end head pins
• 2 jump rings (5 mm)
• 2 earring findings
• Measuring tape
• Wire cutters or flush cutters
• Electrical tape
• Square kumihimo disk
• 2 pairs of flat-nose and chain-nose pliers
• 1 1/8” (3 cm) stepped mandrel
• Fine round-nose pliers