Jewelry Business: Give Your Jewelry Dummies A Facelift
This is just a quick post to help improve your jewelry business. If you are getting ready to do summer shows but your commercial grade leatherette neck dummies look lifeless, hit them with some spray paint.
To find the right paint, check with staff at the paint counter in your favorite hardware store. Then test for compatibility. After I sprayed one neck dummy, the surface never dried. It remained sticky. But others turned out fine.
Jewelry Business: Display Dummy Facelift Tips
- Work outdoors on a calm day.
- Follow the directions on the can.
- You can spruce up white neck dummies with white spray, black with black
- Or try two colors that are very similar to add a little visual texture without distracting from your merchandise.
- Don’t apply spray to props covered in velvety fabric or Ultrasuede.
- You can spray other jewelry props, such as an antique bird cage, a wooden hand, or small crate. This will help you to create a cohesive display for your jewelry business with a variety of heights, levels, and textures.
Betsy Lehndorff has been writing for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist since 2010. You can reach her at email@example.com.