Favorite Project of the Week: Sterling Space Cuff with Cabochon
Is anything as inspirational as stars in the heavens? For eons, humans have found art in what they see in the night skies. And jewelry artist Roger Halas has long turned the stars and outer space into amazing designs and pieces. He’s also a science fiction buff (and writer) which lends a special slant to his “space” designs.
Roger’s Sterling Space Cuff with Cabochon
This great cuff, from the April 2017 issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, is an excellent example of his art and imagination. The star diopside cabochon brings the night sky down to earth.
- It’s actually a simple design that uses only sterling sheet and a cabochon.
- Roger’s use of positive and negative space makes this a very unique design.
- The star diopside is a sparkly counterpoint to the silver.
- It would look great adorning the wrists of any Star Trek or Star Wars character!
Look to the stars!
- 16- and 18-gauge sterling sheet
- Star diopside or cabochon of your choice
- Torch setup
- Jeweler’s saw
- Foredom or Dremel
- Drill bit set
- Polishing buff
- Fabrication and setting
Get this project today in our shop!