Favorite Project of the Week: No-Solder Fold-Up 3D Pendant
Noël Yovovich’s No-Solder Fold-Up 3D Pendant from the May/June 2017 issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist is like a puppy portrait that you can wear.
It’s both adorable and fashionable. And three-dimensional, too! There’s no soldering involved; it’s all done with folding and riveting. And the cuteness factor is through the roof.
- It’s a puppy! That’s all you have to say. A puppy!
- The project is deceptively simple with minimal materials and tools needed.
- It’s a great project for practicing cold-connection techniques. No fire involved.
- It works for other animals, too. I need to try this with a kitten. My cat will appreciate it.
- Metal sheet, 24 gauge, about 1″x6″
- Masonry nail
- Rounded polished hammer
- Riveting hammer or claw hammer
- Steel block or anvil
- Rotary tool and bur
- Basic metalsmithing
ABOVE PHOTO: Who doesn’t love a puppy? The eyes. The fluffiness. The sweetness. The overall cuteness. No wonder puppy photos and videos are some of the most popular items on the entire internet. Getty Images
Get this 3D Pendant project and so many more today in our shop!