Favorite Project of the Week: No-Solder Fold-Up 3D Pendant
Who doesn’t love a puppy? The eyes. The fluffiness. The sweetness. The overall cuteness. No wonder puppy photos and videos are some of the most popular items on the entire internet.
ABOVE PHOTO: Getty Images
Noël Yovovich’s No-Solder Fold-Up 3D Pendant from the May/June 2017 issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist is like a puppy portrait that you can wear. It’s both adorable and fashionable. And three-dimensional, too! There’s no soldering involved; it’s all done with folding and riveting. And the cuteness factor is through the roof.
- It’s a puppy! That’s all you have to say. A puppy!
- The project is deceptively simple with minimal materials and tools needed.
- It’s a great project for practicing cold-connection techniques. No fire involved.
- It works for other animals, too. I need to try this with a kitten. My cat will appreciate it.
- Metal sheet, 24 gauge, about 1″x6″
- Masonry nail
- Rounded polished hammer
- Riveting hammer or claw hammer
- Steel block or anvil
- Rotary tool and bur
- Basic metalsmithing
Get this project and so many more today in our shop!