Favorite Project of the Week: Flower Garden Cuff
Happy Mother’s Day! And happy spring! At this time of year, I love to look up and down my block, checking out the flowers that are blooming in my yard and my neighbors’ yards. Those gorgeous floral colors always make me want to run into my studio. Flowers are always inspirational!
Heather Lawrenz’s leather and metal Flower Garden Cuff, from the August/September 2016 issue of Step By Step Wire Jewelry, is one of my favorite springtime floral projects.
- It’s fast and easy!
- You can mix and match the leather components from Lillypilly Designs to make it your own.
- It would make a great gift for your mom — or any gardeners you know.
- It’s also a great way to practice some basic wireworking and metalworking techniques — making wire spirals, punching metal, and forming.
- And to make it even easier (and more fun), there’s a kit available from the Interweave store which includes the download of the Flower Garden Cuff, the issue it appeared in, and an ebook of 10 more leather and wire jewelry projects.
So spring into it!
Required Tools and Supplies:
- Lillypilly Designs tiny leather flowers, circles, and teardrops, 14-20
- 1¾″ wide brass cuff
- 21-gauge 2″ gunmetal head pins, 14
- 1.6mm screw down hold punch
- 1.25mm metal hole punch pliers
- Chain-nose pliers
- Round-nose pliers
- Flush cutters
Skill level: 2
Get these flowers today in our shop!