Circles and Squares Beaded Chain Maille Bracelet by Michelle Brennan
Add a touch of elegance to a chain maille cuff with Czech glass QuadraTile beads
By Michelle Brennan
I’ve always appreciated how intricate and amazing beading patterns are, the mix of different colors and materials that fit together like puzzle pieces. With new multi-hole Czech glass beads, I can now take that same idea of assembling a puzzle and incorporate it into my obsession of choice: chain maille. This bracelet features a bright line of square glass beads nestled among bright aluminum and stainless steel jump rings to create an unusually dynamic design.
(rings referenced by letter in the instructions)
- A 280x 18swg (1.2mm) 9/64″ saw-cut bright aluminum jump rings, HyperLynks®
- B 120x 18swg (1.2mm) 11/64″ saw-cut bright aluminum jump rings, HyperLynks®
- C 60x 20awg (0.8mm) 3/16″ saw-cut stainless steel jump rings, Hyper- Lynks® HL-Steel (slightly softer than regular stainless steel jump rings)
- D 8x 20awg (0.8mm) 3/32″ saw-cut stainless steel jump rings , Hyper- Lynks® HL-Steel (slightly softer than regular stainless steel jump rings)
- E 90x 23swg (0.6mm) 7/64″ machine-cut stainless steel jump rings, HyperLynks® • 30x Czech QuadraTile beads (15x cobalt and 15x teal
- 2-hole tube clasp
Tools: chain-nose pliers
Get the Circles and Squares Chain Maille Bracelet Kit to make your own!
MICHELLE BRENNAN is a chain maille artist and designer who, along with her husband, owns and operates HyperLynks® chain maille supplies near Toronto, Ontario.