You feel a special sense of excitement when you finish a project. The minute the last end is woven in and the project has dried from blocking, you want to show off the finished item.
As a member of the Crochet Me, you can show your work to crochet friends around the world by uploading it to the Member Photo gallery. Share photographs, information on your modifications, tips and tricks you learned, and yarn you used.
We would love to see your Interweave projects! Post photographs of projects you have crocheted from Interweave patterns, including magazines, books, eBooks, and ePatterns. Be sure to stop by the galleries to see the projects created by your friends, too! You can view and comment on your friends creations and perhaps draw inspiration of your own.
As a bonus, for each project you post in the gallery, you will be entered for a copy of the eBook, Crochet Me Presents the 2012 Amigurumi Calendar Projects, patterns for the projects that appear in our 2012 Amigurumi Calendar. The project and crocheter will be randomly chosen February 16th.
If you haven't loaded a photo to the gallery before, here are easy to follow instructions.
- Click on Galleries in the top menu and then select Member Photo Gallery from the drop-down menu or follow the link given here.
- Click on the green Upload button in the upper right-hand corner of the gallery. This takes you to a page with a tab that ways Compose and has five parts in it. File/URL, Thumbnail, Name, Description, and Tags.
- Start by uploading your photo: click on Specify File/URL. Click on Upload File and then click on Browse. You will be linked to your own computer. Select your image file from your desktop, pictures folder, or wherever you have placed the image. Your picture is now uploaded, and you just have to add some words.
- In the Name field, type the project's name; use the name of the original pattern or create a name that reflects your project's personality. In the Description box, add the name of the of the original pattern, the yarn you used, modifications you made, and any extra photographs, such as close-ups or back views. To add these photographs, click on the little icon that looks like a filmstrip; it will say Insert Media when you let your mouse over it. Then upload your photos as before.
- The final field is Tags. This helps other readers find your project. You can type in the name of the original pattern; the designer; any special techniques you used, such as Tunisian crochet or broomstick lace; the type of crochet, such as lace or motif; the brand of yarn you used; or a pertinent holiday.