Mesmerizing Messenger Bag
The Mesmerizing Messenger Bag was a very special request – from my 11 year old daughter Riley! My kids inspire many of my designs, but the credit for this free crochet pattern really does go to Ri! After seeing the Leaping Stripes and Blocks Blankets I made for her new cousins, she promptly declared that she wanted a crochet messenger bag using the same stitch pattern. So we took a trip to the store, where she picked out the yarn and all the details. And now our collaboration is ready to share!
The Mesmerizing Messenger Bag looks great, but it’s also very functional. It’s big enough to hold a binder 3 inches wide – nice and roomy! It’s also completely lined with fluffy fleece, so it’s padded to protect your precious cargo. Don’t balk – the fleece lining is super easy to make, and I’ve included all the steps below. Add the optional strap adjuster and it’s the perfect crochet bag pattern for tweens to adults!
- US – H, 5.0mm hook
- 750 yds worsted/aran weight yarn, 250 yds each of 3 colors (Red Heart Soft in Teal, Dark Leaf, and Berry shown)
- 47″ by 17.5″ fabric for lining – fleece or other non-raveling fabric preferred
- 2 yds 1″ wide polyester/nylon strap/webbing, or strap of your choice
- 2″ button
- crochet thread, size 5 or 10
- sewing thread
- sharp tapestry/yarn needle
- strap adjuster (optional)
- stitch markers
For the full pattern instructions, including a lining tutorial, please visit Moogly’s Mesmerizing Messenger Bag today! Thanks so much!