Lists and a Tagging
Time for an update, no? There's no good way to blab about as much as I want to, so my good friend Bulleted List is going to help.
- My email was royally FUBAR last week. I think everything's been cleared up, and I got about 95 emails yesterday from as long ago as 2 March. If you sent me an email and don't hear back from me by the end of the week (it'll take a few days for me to go through it all), please try me again.
- In compensation for the chaos that is our kitchen renovation, I was compelled to start smacking my office into order last weekend. Much was (finally, after years) disposed of. This basement lair of mine is finally starting to look crafty and purty. For now, here's the only public-ready bit (click for larger images and notes):
- I went to Room6 last week to meet the owner and pick up some yarn for the project I'll be teaching. I stayed for 3 hours. (Did I already write about this?) I love Room6. I hope the class goes well, cuz I want to spend lots and lots of time there.
- I got a new 'do yesterday. Short. I like it. We'll see if I still like it after I wash it (in ten minutes). I'll lettcha know.
- We went to a wine tasting as part of the Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival last weekend. We saw Angela. We were wasted by the time the event ended. At 7pm. We walked the downtown streets at 7:30 on a Saturday night, but it easily could have been 1am years ago after a night at the bar down the street from my university digs. I felt reckless and silly. It was great fun. (And I learned a lot about wine!)
- Shannon and I had our book tour approved. More info soon, but look for us in your northeast city sometime in October. W00t! Speaking of Shannon, she tagged me two weeks ago, and I didn't know it.
4 jobs I’ve had in my life:
- Summer camp counselor
- Ice cream shop… uh… ice cream server
- Research lab coordinator (developmental psycholinguistics)
- After school program coordinator
4 movies I can watch over and over:
- The Princess Bride
- Pride and Prejudice, the BBC version (don't let the length make you think I wouldn't watch it over and over)
- O' Brother Where Art Thou (ok, so I haven't watched it over and over, but I could. And in fact I want to.)
- Home for the Holidays (sometimes a movie just strikes a chord)
4 TV shows I love to watch:
- Gilmore Girls
- Grey's Anatomy
- The National (this aids much in my Canadian identity)
4 places I have lived:
- Brooklyn, NY
- Delmar, NY
- Newark, DE
- Vancouver, BC
4 places I have been on holiday:
- Rome, Italy
- Pucon, Chile
- Leiden, The Netherlands
- Tokyo, Japan
4 of my favorite dishes:
- Grilled cheese with tomato
- Toro sushi
- Thai yellow curry with tofu and veggies
- Cinnamon LIfe breakfast cereal
4 websites I visit daily:
4 places I would rather be right now:
- In my new, clean kitchen
- In my same-old, but clean office
- Really, that's it. A drawback of living in Vancouver and working from a crafty office is that there's nothing tugging at me to be someplace else. Since I spent much of my adolescence and early adulthood passionately pining to be somewhere else, this is a very, very nice feeling.
4 fiber-bloggers I am tagging:
Um, has anyone not done this yet? I'll give it a shot… If you've already done it… well, no worries.
Technorati Tags: crafts, meme, crochet