At the start of the 2008 winter season I caught the cowl fever, but could not find one that suited my tastes; thus the Crosshatch Cowl was born.
It’s a very simple pattern that was derived from a stitch pattern in 101 Crochet stitches (the book) by Interweave Press.
– 1 skein Malabrigo Merino Worsted
– 5mm (H) hook
– Tapestry needle
– Medium sized oblong/Oval button
21 st x 7 rows = 4(10 cm)â
– using the stitch design found in the pattern.
– Ch. 91 (this includes the turning chain)
Skip 2 ch (counts as first dc), 2 dc into next ch,
*skip 3 ch, 1 sc into next ch, ch 3, 1 dc into each of next 3 ch;
Repeat from * to last 4 ch, skip 3 ch, 1 sc into last ch, turn.
Ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc into first sc,
*skip 3 dc, 1 sc into first of 3ch, ch3, 1 dc into next 2ch, 1 dc into next sc;
Repeat from * until last 3 stitches â then skip 2 dc, 1 sc into top of the turning ch, turn.
Rows 3 â end:
Repeat row 2.
(The cowl shown pictured was done in 10 rows).
– When you get to the last stitch of your final row, work the sc as usual, and then fasten off.
All rights reserved.
Contact the author with questions about this notice.