Crocheted Hearts and Valentine’s Day Cards
Who’s ready to make Valentine’s Day cards? Me, me, me! Valentine’s are my all time favorite greeting cards to make. I love the excuse it offers me to send smooches and hearts to friends and family I don’t see or talk to very often (and those I do).
DIY Crochet Wedding Turns Valentine
Did you see the Do It Yourself Crochet Wedding article in Interweave Crochet Summer 2015? I did…and I’ve been itching to crochet that little Cake Topper Heart for ages! The wait is over. Valentine’s Day is all the excuse / motivation I needed to finally make that cute, delicate, adorable little crocheted hearts.
Quick Crocheted Hearts and Valentine’s Day Cards
If you’re like me, you’ll want to create a bunch of Valentine’s Day cards in a jiffy, but you’ll also want to include that little extra handmade touch. No worries. These little crocheted hearts only take 7 minutes to crochet (it says so in the magazine).
I’ve also created a Be My Valentine CrochetMe Printable. The supplies and instructions for making your own quick crocheted hearts and handmade Valentine’s Day cards are below.
Supplies for the Crocheted Valentine
- Heart Crochet Pattern – (download from the Interweave Store: DIY Wedding or Interweave Crochet Summer 2015)
- Crochet Thread – Bernat Handicrafter Crochet Thread #5 (pictured Robust Red, Rosy Rose, Buttercup, Still Water)
- Steel crochet hook 3/2.10mm
- 1 Sheet Natural Cardstock 11″x4 1/4″
- 1 free printed Valentine greeting – printed on white paper
- Double sided tape
- Glue Gun or Zots (clear adhesive dots)
- Faux pearl adhesive gem (from scrapbooking supplies)
- Scissors or paper cutter
Instructions for Handmade Valentine
- Fold natural cardstock in half to measure 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ with fold on left side.
- Print greeting onto white paper and trim to 5 1/4″ x 4″. Adhere to front of cardstock.
- Crochet heart following pattern in color desired. Adhere to card with glue gun or Zots.
- Tie a mini bow with crochet thread. Adhere to card with glue gun or Zot.
- Place pearl or gem on card.
- Write a personal note and give crocheted Valentine to a friend.
If you have a little extra time…the pattern also includes instructions for a bouquet. I mean, what could be better than a handmade Valentine’s Day card with crocheted hearts AND crocheted flowers? They don’t need to be watered and they won’t wilt! Just sayin’.