- Fifteen-year-old Elena Stefania Ferrari of Beverly, MA was awarded first place in the Knitting/Crochet category of PieceWork Magazine's Excellence in Needle Arts Awards. Apparently, she only recently learned how to crochet. That's her lap blanket in the photo. Wicked.
- Congratulations to Kristin for winning 1st Place in the Crochet Pattern-A-Day calendar design contest for her Swirl sweater.
- Rwanda Knits has an admirable goal. Help them reach it by bidding on a garment during their auction to be held from 20 -29 April at rwandaknitsauction.org (the link doesn't show anything right now; I imagine it'll go up on the 20th).
- Robyn's profiled in the April/May issue of Crochet Today. Squee!
- Annette's profiled in the spring issue of Interweave Crochet. (Disclosure: Although I was thrilled to follow through with the idea of profiling Annette, the idea was suggested to me by folks at Interweave. I did a happy dance at that, I did.)
- The Create-Along is such a fabulous idea: Choose one of five yarns and create your own design out of it. Blog your progress on the group blog. Get feedback, encouragement, and spark your creativity. Rock.
- Speaking of original designs and contests and (um) baseball, check out CRAFT's new contest in cahoots with Stitch 'N Pitch. Go Yankees! (Um, the Yankees should get their act together and participate. I love y'all, but come on. Suddenly I'm tempted to become a Mariners fan.)
Technorati Tags: crochet