Christmas Tree Coffee Cozy
The Christmas Tree Coffee Cozy is for Secret Santas, teachers, coworkers, friends – aka people who get coffee shop gift cards or mug based gifts at the holidays. Or really anyone who’d enjoy a holiday hot drinks holder! Add a homemade touch that lifts your gift or morning joe above the rest with this free mug cozy pattern.
The Christmas Tree Coffee Cozy fits all of the standard sized mugs in my house, as well as the taller travel mugs. If you’re making it for one of those giant over-sized mugs (you know, the one for Mondays), you might want to add an extra row or three of evergreens or trunk – just try it on as you go!
- US – I, 5.5mm hook
- 25-30 yds or .5 oz total Worsted or Aran weight yarn in 2 colors (Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Kelly Green and Chocolate shown)
- Star shaped button or button of choice
Finished cozy as written is 9.5″ (24 cm) long, excluding the loop.
Special Stitch: LDC – Linked Double Crochet
- To make the first Linked Double Crochet, ch 3 and insert the hook in the 2nd ch from the hook. Yo and pull up a loop. Insert the hook in the first st, or 4th ch from the hook, and yo and pull up a loop. Yo and pull through the first two loops on the hook, yo and pull through the last 2 loops on the hook.
- To make a regular Linked Double Crochet, insert the hook down through the horizontal bar in the center of the stem of the previous stitch, yo and pull up a loop. Insert the hook into the next (or indicated) st, and yo and pull up a loop. Yo and pull through the first two loops on the hook, yo and pull through the last 2 loops on the hook.
- I don’t have a video tutorial on Linked Doubles yet, but the video on Linked Treble Crochet should give you a good visual of how this stitch works.
For full pattern instructions, please visit Moogly’s Christmas Tree Coffee Cozy pattern page today! Thank you so much, and Happy Holidays!