Chevron Market Bag
Lorene Eppolite- Cre8tion Crochet
Stylish and fun. This pattern is super easy to make and comes in two sizes. Perfect for use as a market bag or as a beach bag. Change up the color patterns for a personalized look.
2 (3) skeins or approx 240 (300) yards 100% Cotton Yarn in Worsted Weight
I used Lilly Peaches n’ Cream
6.5mm (K) hook Yarn needle
SMALL- 12” wide by 14” tall excluding handles
LARGE- 13” wide by 16” tall excluding handles
Gauge is not important in this pattern
First 2 rounds = 3”
- Pattern is written in small, changes for large are in parenthesis
- First 6 (7) rows of this pattern uses my seamless method, if you are not familiar withthis method, or are having a problem understanding the pattern, you can watch the video tutorial HERE
- Last st(s) will be placed in the st previously skipped
- Sl st into the top of the first dc to join each round
- For chevron rows- Ch3 counts as first dc. Each Round will end with a sl sti into the Ch3 to join
- To keep chevrons properly stacked on top of each other, each new round will begin by slip stitching over two times, to the last dc of the previous chevron. Each round will end with the last two stitches being placed in those two sl st spaces. Color changes will happen on the 2nd sl st
- To change color: Using working color, insert hook into 2nd st, YO and pull through new color. Cut old color and continue stitching as normal
- I prefer my handles on the shorter side. To make your handles longer simply increase the length of the chain during the handle portion of the pattern
Special Stitches and Abbreviations
Dc3tog– double crochet three together Yarn over (YO) and insert hook in first st, pull up loop (3 loops on hook), YO and draw through first two loops on hook (2 loops remaining on hook). YO and insert hook in the next st, pull up loop (4 loops on hook), YO and draw through first two loops on hook (3 loops remaining on hook). YO and insert hook in the next st, pull up loop (5 loops on hook), YO and draw through first two loops on hook (4 loops remaining on hook). YO and draw through all four loops on hook. 1 dc3tog completed.
Pattern can be found here –> http://www.cre8tioncrochet.com/2014/06/chevron-market-bag-4/
Chevron Market Bag
A knitted market bag is worked in the round from the bottom up. The flat gusseted bottom, strap, and exterior sections are worked in a brioche pattern, while a lace pattern is worked in the center of the bag body.
Designer Kristen TenDyke
Finished Size 28" circumference and 15" tall, not including strap.
Yarn Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Cotton (100% mercerized cotton; 93 yd [84 m]/50 g): #24 ivory, 7 balls. Yarn distributed by Westminster Fibers.
Needles Size 4 (3.5 mm): 16" circular (cir) and set of double-pointed (dpn). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
• Markers (m);
• stitch holders;
• tapestry needle.
Gauge Markers (m); stitch holders; tapestry needle.