Babies Chevron Dress
This is a darling dress for the modern baby! Crocheted chevrons circle around the skirt with eye-catching style.
- RED HEART® Super Saver®: 1 skein each 530 Orchid A and 316 Soft White B
- Susan Bates® Crochet Hook: 6mm [US J-10]
- Yarn needle
- stitch marker (optional)
Directions are for size 3 months. Changes for sizes 6 months, 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months are in parentheses. Finished Chest: 16 (17, 18, 19, 20)” [40.5 (43, 45.5, 48.5, 51) cm] Finished Length: 12½ (13½, 14½, 16, 17½)” [32 (34.5, 37, 40.5, 44.5) cm]
13 sts = 4” (10 cm); 9 rows = 4” (10 cm), in half double crochet. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any
1. Dress is worked from the top down in 2 sections: bodice and skirt.
2. Bodice is worked in seamlessly joined rounds with right side facing at all times. One stitch is skipped at the beginning of each round and the last stitch(es) are worked into the skipped stitch before joining the round with a slip stitch.
3. Skirt is made in a chevron pattern which consists of a series of 3-dc “peaks” and dc3tog “valleys” with double crochet stitches worked between. You may need to work several rows before the chevron is clearly visible.
4. To change color, work last stitch of old color to last yarn over. Yarn over with new color and draw through all loops on hook to complete stit