Swarovski® Create Your Style Brings New Sparkling Innovations
|Sponsored| Sparkle and shine! There is nothing that brightens a day better than a little sparkle. Thanks to the many innovations of Swarovski crystals, we have lots of ways to bring that sparkle into our daily lives. Here is just a taste of some of the latest innovations – crystal transfers and crystal designer charms.
First and foremost, I use Swarovski crystals in my jewelry every chance I get. Sometimes it’s the thrill of the challenge to blend a technique with a new component that drives me to create the next design.
The new charms with Swarovski crystals are the perfect addition to any jewelry design and they’re so simple to use. Just open the lobster clasp and clip the charm on. So fun!
The new Swarovski crystal charms are so versatile and take any item from ordinary to extraordinary. Clip the charm onto a zipper of a jacket, a pocket, or even a zipper on a clutch.
Speaking of fabric…the new Swarovski crystal transfers are great for adding to your favorite fabric bag, pillow, shirt or even a jean jacket!
To follow are the steps on how to use Swarovski Crystal Transfers:
1. Iron your fabric so it’s wrinkle free. Place the fabric onto a hard, heatproof surface (not an ironing board). You need the hard surface to provide resistance.
2. Heat your iron to the cotton setting and make sure the steam setting is turned off and no water present. I use a flat iron without steam vents specifically for this type of project.
3. Peel off the protective backing and place the transfer into place on your fabric. Do not peel off the carrier sheet.
4. Iron the transfer onto the fabric, holding iron in place for 30-45 seconds but also moving the iron from left to right. If the transfer is larger than the iron surface, move the iron, ensuring you heat the entire transfer consistently. Allow the fabric and transfer to cool.
5. Peel the carrier paper from the fabric. If you find any crystals still on the carrier paper, replace and iron again.
Once complete, your fabric is ready for use and ready to wear.
Wash your garment or fabric in cold water and air dry or in the dryer on a low setting. The heat from the water or dryer may reactivate the adhesive and cause the crystals to fall off. I also turn the garment inside out so the crystals don’t get banged around. I can honestly say, I don’t remember to do this all the time and have yet to have a problem or notice any issues with the crystals (knock on wood!).
These sparkling additions to the Swarovski Create Your Style line can be found at Joann Fabric & Craft stores. I hope you enjoy using these crystal applications as much as I have. And, I really hope you enjoy all the compliments you’ll receive when wearing your new designs.
Editor, Beadwork magazine