Cool Stuff, Products We Love, February/March 2018 Beadwork Magazine
We love to bring you what’s hot and happening in the beading industry. In each issue of Beadwork magazine we feature what we’ve found and think you’d like to know about in “Products We Love”. Here are our top picks from the February/March 2018 issue.
1. Nana & Nina Artisan Jewelry and Accessories specializes in upcycled jewelry and components, including pendants made of recycled washers, dominoes, and utensils. Featuring a decoupage technique and resin, these beautiful pendants are available at www.nanaandnina.etsy.com.
2. Starman’s Color Trends Saturated Metallic Collection of beads is now available in daggers, cabochons, and 3mm rounds. Colors include tawny port, butterum, navy peony, shaded spruce, and golden lime. Visit www.czechbeads.com (wholesale only) or check your favorite bead retailer.
3. Fun new 14/20 gold-filled and sterling silver charms and earring findings are now available from Halstead, including cubic zirconia sunburst fan ear jackets and rhodium-plated tasseled swoop earring jackets, sure to make your earrings sparkle. Available at www.halsteadbead.com (wholesale only) or check your favorite bead retailer.
4. Venetian Bead Shop’s new classic Murano glass beads incorporate gold foil and Reticello, a particular type of glass cane used for a lacy effect. No two beads are exactly alike, making these the perfect statement beads for your next project. Visit www.venetianbeadshop.com to find these and more.
5. The new glue-in steel clasps from ACL Patterns and More not only slide together but are also magnetic for extra assurance that your jewelry will stay right where it belongs. The unique hand-carved kafé donuts made from ground coffee beans from the Colombian mountains come in a variety of designs and colors. All available at www.aclpatternsandmore.com.
6. 2016 Beadwork Designer of the Year Evelína Palmontová has recently released Elegant Beadwork, featuring tips, tricks, and step-by-step instructions for twenty-five right-angleweave projects. With easy-to-follow diagrams, this collection of projects is sure to help advance your bead weaving skills while you make beautiful jewelry using seed beads, crystals, and pearls. Find this book at www.amazon.com.
7. New from Easy Earring Cards, the foldover hang-tag punch and corner necklace punch offer a convenient way to professionally package your jewelry. Use the template with any cardstock or business card. Pouchelopes provide a stylish and safe way to gift your jewelry, with anti-scratch lining and a self-closing tab. Visit www.easyearringcards.com.
8. The new magnetic tie-in kumihimo clasp from Jewelry Design by Kim Fox doubles as a beautiful focal when paired with a stunning bronze or sterling silver pendant, which can be easily changed. Find this clasp and more at www.phxfox.com.
9. New charms and pendants available from Nina Designs include a cactus, mama and baby bear, squirrel, and hatching baby bird. These sterling silver charms are sure to add a touch of whimsy to your designs. Find these charms and more at www.ninadesigns.com (wholesale only) or check your favorite bead retailer.
10. Crafted in Turkey especially for the Bead Boutique of Naples, these Old World–artisan crystal and gemstone clasps and connectors include magnetic and multistrand options. Visit www.bead-boutique-naples.myshopify.com.
Handpicked Favorites from the Interweave Shop
Create Leather Jewelry: 8 Projects Using Peyote Stitch, Ladder Stitch, Knotting, and More
The new Create Leather Jewelry: 8 Projects Using Peyote Stitch, Ladder Stitch, Knotting, and More eBook features eight jewelry projects sure to satisfy any leather-jewelry artist. Visit www.interweave.com to download your copy today.
Getting Started Bead Making: Fabulous Fabric Beads
Internationally award-winning designer, teacher, and official Swarovski Ambassador Kristal Wick presents her new course, Getting Started Bead Making: Fabulous Fabric Beads, based on her best-selling book, Fabulous Fabric Beads. Kristal teaches you from start to finish how to create your own lightweight, one-of-a-kind fabric beads in this 20-minute online course. Sign up today at www.interweave.com.
The staff of Beadwork invites you to send your new bead working products for consideration in Cool Stuff. Please send all submissions to email@example.com and include complete product information.
Find more Cool Stuff in the Interweave Store.