Products We Love: August/September 2018 Beadwork Magazine
We love to bring you what’s hot and happening in the beading industry. In each issue of Beadwork magazine, we feature products we love and think you’d like to know about. Here are our top picks from the August/September 2018 issue.
1. Save time with new tools from Beadalon! MultiPliers are available in round-nose and bent chain-nose 2-in-1 combinations; round-nose and chain-nose 2-in-1 combinations (shown above); and round-nose, chain-nose, and cutter 3-in-1 combinations. Get these innovative tools at www.beadalon.com.
2. Starman’s newest addition, the 2mm Finial bead, has a hole that extends halfway through the center to accommodate wire ends, cords, fibers, and more. The width of the hole is compatible with 20- to 24-gauge wire. With more than 30 colors available, it’ll be hard to choose just one. Visit www.czechbeads.com (wholesale only) or your favorite bead retailer.
3. Find the right needle the first time—every time—with newly manufactured Pony ColorEYES beading needles. Offered in sizes 10, 11, and 12, these needles are color-coded to let you quickly and easily identify the needles in your case or on your bead mat. Find these beading needles at www.beadsmith.com (wholesale only), www.beadcats.com, or your favorite bead retailer.
4. Add some swing to your next project with Halstead’s sterling silver tassels. Our favorites include the 7.5×27.5mm Paddle Wire Sunburst Tassel, 3mm Bead Cluster Tassel, and 3.3×28mm Classic Tassel. To see the assortment of styles and lengths, visit www.halsteadbead.com.
5. Use the new PRAW Perfect Starter Tool Kit by Diane Whiting Designs for your next multi-sided right-angle-weave rope. This tool takes the challenge out of starting a new design. The kit includes four tools for the most common prismatic-right-angle-weave ropes: triangle, cubic, five-sided, and six-sided, as well as instructions and a handy bead stopper. Also, find 1mm rayon chainette (50-yd spools) for making tassels that have the perfect weight to swing with the wearer. Visit www.dianewhitingdesigns.com.
6. Discover new components in TierraCast’s Dulce Vida Collection. Incorporating heart, flower, and other garden motifs, these pewter coin beads, end caps, buttons, and filigrees take their inspiration from precious metal clay art. Find these and more at www.tierracast.com (wholesale only) or your favorite bead retailer.
7. Protect your beads, crystals, and finished jewelry! Alliance Corporation’s scratch-free packaging ensures surface protection for all of your valuables. Custom-made designs make it easy to get exactly what you need for packaging and storing, and you can even have your company name and logo printed on the sleeves! Find these and more at www.scratchfreepackaging.com.
8. KitXchange’s 12.5 × 8.5″ travel storage envelope (shown in persimmon orange) makes it easy to take your beading wherever you go. Featuring two zipper pouches, the envelope is customizable to hold Velcro baggies in five sizes to store everything you need. See available colors and styles at www.kitxchange.com.
9. Fire Mountain Gems and Beads’ exclusive new Swarovski colors include light turquoise luminous green (shown in 6mm faceted rounds). Check out the exclusive shimmer finish available in a diverse range of colors such as Siam shimmer (3mm Xilion bicone) and erinite shimmer (4mm Xilion bicone). Visit www.firemountaingems.com.
10. Nunn Design’s Winter 2018 Collection is packed with findings inspired by the art of hand-forging, including open triangle pendants in antiqued silver, copper, and gold finishes. In addition, find a plethora of new shaped jump rings, including a 12mm square wire circle (antiqued copper), 5mm mini rope (antiqued silver), 10mm textured triangle (antiqued silver), and 8mm textured square (antiqued gold). Find these findings and more at www.nunndesign.com (wholesale only) or your favorite bead retailer.
11. The BeadSmith’s newest beads include 9×17mm two-hole glass Carrier beads, 8×4mm Octo beads, and 8×5mm Paisley Duos in a variety of colors and finishes. In addition, The BeadSmith has expanded its Laser Tattoo collection with new shapes including Honeycomb and kite beads. Visit www.beadsmith.com (wholesale only) or your favorite bead retailer.
Products We Love from the Interweave Shop
Beads, Baubles & Jewels Series 2600 DVD
Join host Katie Hacker as she explores the art of jewelry making in the 2600 series of Beads, Baubles & Jewels. Get all 13 episodes in the DVD set featuring tips, tricks, and techniques from artists including Candie Cooper, Jackie Truty, Wyatt White, Kate Richbourg, and Tammy Honaman. Whether you are a beginner or a veteran, each episode is packed with jewelry-design information you need. Visit www.interweave.com.
Woven in Wire by Sarah Thompson
Break through the boundaries of traditional wirework jewelry to discover the world of intricate possibilities in Woven in Wire by award-winning jewelry and wirework instructor Sarah Thompson. With easy-to-follow steps in weaving, sculpting, and design, this book lets you advance your skills and build the confidence to create intricate, breathtakingly beautiful designs. Visit www.interweave.com.
The staff of Beadwork invites you to send your new bead working products for consideration in Cool Stuff. Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include complete product information.