New: Free Wire Jewelry Ebook
A Lifetime Supply of Wire
When I started working with wire, my local bead shop talked me into a 20-foot spool of silver craft wire for practicing wrapped loops. I left there convinced that I had bought a "lifetime" supply of wire. It took me forever to make a single wrapped loop–I was always pausing and hesitating, trying to figure out if I was holding the pliers correctly and making the right motions with my hands.
What I didn't realize is how quickly things would change. I became obsessed with making simple and wrapped loops, working on them nearly every evening. As you might have guessed, my "lifetime" supply of wire quickly disappeared and now I have a whole drawer packed with all different kinds of wire.
If you're obsessed with wire too or just want to learn more about it, you'll want to take a look at our newest free ebook, Making Wire Jewelry: 6 Free Wire Designs from Beading Daily. Here's a glimpse of what you'll find inside:
• If you are new to wireworking or want a quick project: Cerulean Falls by Danielle Fox. You just need to know how to make 6 wrapped loops and open and close 4 jump rings.
• If you want to learn to make beaded chain or practice your wrapped loops: In Full Bloom by Ricky Talmage. This pearl and aquamarine necklace has 30 wrapped loops!
• If you want to practice a lot of skills in one project (coiling, hammering, forming a bangle, making a clasp) or want to use up a bunch of leftover beads: Gypsy Wire Bangle by Janice Berkebile. This fun bracelet has a little something for everyone.
• If you want to use up short scraps of wire or learn how to twist wire with a pin vise: Dancing Spirals by Heather Trundle. What a fun way to "go green" and recycle those 1" and 2" scraps!
• If you want to do your own thing: Freeform Wire Earrings by Leeza Khoury. Learn to frame gemstones with wire and add crystal embellishments.
• If you want to practice wirewrapping or learn to use a ring mandrel: Ring-a-Ding Rings by Martha Umberger. Experiment with using 2 different colors of wire for a modern look.
You can download this whole set of free wire projects in Making Wire Jewelry: 6 Free Wire Designs from Beading Daily.
Don't forget to tell your friends, so they can download their own copy of this new wire jewelry ebook!
Michelle Mach shares free projects every Friday on Beading Daily. If you have comments or questions for Michelle, please post them on the website.