Lenore Necklace Free Jewelry-making Project from Prima Bead
Happy Halloween! Our friends at Prima Bead have shared this free necklace making project with us, using crystal pearls and bicones, fancy metal chandelier findings, and fun filigree components. Enjoy!
- Black Chandelier Charms 5 pk (Prima Bead Item #34708386)
- Black Rhinestone Teardrops 3 pk (Prima Bead Item #3708422)
- Black Filigree Connectors 1 pk (Prima Bead Item #37450212)
- Black Headpins and Eyepins 1 pk (Prima Bead Item #34719090)
- Black Findings Starter Pack 1 pk (Prima Bead Item #34719103)
- 4mm/6mm Black Crystal/Pearl Mix 1 pk (Prima Bead Item #34722032)
- Round nose pliers
- Needle nose pliers
- Wire cutters
1. Using the eye pins, make 16 bead links using the 4mm bicones from the crystal/pearl mix, and 9 double 4mm bicone bead links. Using the head pins, make 13 drops using the 6mm pearls and 4mm bicones.
2. Use the single 4mm bicone links to connect 5 filigree spacers, linking them at the top and bottom of the spacers. Repeat for the next set of 5 filigree spacers. (See illustration for Step 2.)
3. Link 14 chandelier charms together using double bicone links and 6mm jump rings from the black findings starter pack, placing a teardrop charm between each one. Link the side loops together using 4mm jump rings. (See illustration for Steps 3-5.)
4. Attach a beaded drop at the center of the double bicone links.
5. Attach a 4mm jump ring to 4 teardrop charms. Alternate adding the charms and 6 drops to the connecting jump rings as shown. Use 4mm jump rings to attach teardrop charms to the bottom loops of the center chandeliers.
6. Reverse a chandelier and attach 2 of the 4mm jump rings to the top loop. (See bottom of diagram for Steps 6-7.) Use the jump rings to connect to the side of the two chandeliers at the center of the necklace. Use 4mm jump rings to link the side loops of the chandelier to the bottom loops of the two chandeliers at the center of the necklace.
7. Thread a ball head pin with a 4mm bicone. Use the ball head pin to attach a teardrop charm to the bottom loop of the reversed chandelier in the center of the necklace. Make a wrapped loop, and trim the excess wire.
8. Use a double bicone link to connect the top loop of an end chandelier to a filigree connector. Use a 6mm jump ring to link the side loop of the chandelier to the bottom of a connector. Repeat for the other side of the necklace.
9. Use 6mm jump rings to link a lobster claw clasp to an end filigree and an extender chain to the other end filigree. Attach a teardrop charm to the end of the extender chain with a 4mm jump ring.
You can find more information about the supplies needed for this necklace making project on the Prima Bead website.