Free Leather + Wire Necklace Project
Although it’s a new year, there’s one trend that we won’t be leaving behind with 2014! It’s clear that the leather jewelry trend is one that will carry into this new year and onward! In fact, my first jewelry project of 2015 was inspired by the combination of leather and wire. I haven’t worked with wire as much as I would like to, and I plan to experiment with the material more and more as the year goes on. This necklace project isn’t too “wire-heavy,” but I like the touch of the hard material (wire) with a softer material (leather).
1) Cut one 35″ piece of braided leather cord. Set aside.
2) Use one 5″ piece of 22-gauge wire to string 6 faceted quartz sticks (2 blue, 2 peach, and 2 blue) to the center.
3) Using one end of the 5″ piece of wire from Step 2, wire wrap around one end of the braided leather cord, 3/4″ from the end of the cord.
4) Repeat Step 3, using the other end of the wire from Step 2, and the other end of the braided leather cord.
5) Use one 3 1/2″ piece of wire to wrap around the braided leather cord, 1 1/2″ above the wire wrap created in Step 3.
6) Repeat Step 5, wrapping above the wrap created in Step 4.
For more jewelry projects incorporating leather and wire, check out the 10 Super Hot Leather and Wire Jewelry Projects eBook! This digital book offers you ten projects (earrings, bracelets, and necklaces!) that are made using these two materials, and also incorporating beads and other components.
I hope you enjoy this project and many more to come in the next year!
Cheers to 2015! 🙂
Jewelry Stringing & Beadwork