Free Beading Projects With Pearls
Who among us can resist the lure of beautiful handmade pearl jewelry? The legacy of pearls throughout history is as fascinating as it is mysterious: pearls were once a luxury enjoyed only by kings and queens, retrieved from the depths of the oceans and seas.
These days, pearls can be found in all kinds of handmade beaded jewelry, from classic wedding designs to holiday party jewelry. Pearls can mix effortlessly with all types of beads, from natural sea shells and gemstones to your favorite sparkling crystal beads and glass beads. If you want to add a delicate softness and glow to your favorite beaded jewelry design, add a handful of pearls.
Hundreds of years ago, it was illegal for anyone other than royalty to wear these semi-precious natural beads. Had I lived during those dark and dangerous times for pearl lovers, I probably would have spent a lot of time in prison. Wearing my favorite pearl jewelry is just so soothing to my soul!
Because we want to share our love of pearls, we’ve updated our fun and free collection of pearl jewelry designs so you can experience the power of pearls. Check out these 6 free pearl beading projects:
- Pearl jewelry designs never seem to go out of fashion, and Terry Ricioli’s timeless Amber Opulence necklace combines vintage-looking metal beads with gorgeous amber colored freshwater pearls for a necklace that looks like it came straight out of your grandmother’s jewelry box!
- The lustrous colors of stick pearls get a dramatic boost from a strand of jet black beads and some playful peyote ruffles in Gail Crosman Moore’s Moonlit Lariat.
- A beautiful pearl cabochon becomes the focal point of a spectacular beaded bracelet in Riana Olckers’ By-the-Sea Bracelet.
- Pearls and crystals form a regal (and easy to stitch) beaded bracelet in CJ Bauschka’s Princess Pearls Bracelet.
- Pam Morrison’s Tic Tac Pearl Bracelet is a fun project that uses one of my favorite ways to embellish a simple right-angle weave base! Learn how to shape and embellish right-angle weave in no time!
- And finally, Csilla Csirmaz’s Petite Pearls Toggle bracelet is pretty enough to carry you through the holiday party season and beyond!
Grab a strand (or two) of your favorite pearls and enjoy making some of these gorgeous pearl jewelry designs. Thank goodness that pearls aren’t just for royalty anymore!