Cool Stuff, Products We Love, October/November 2018 Beadwork Magazine
We love to bring you what’s hot and happening in the beading industry. In each issue of Beadwork magazine we feature cool stuff that we’ve found and think you’d like to know about. Here are our top picks from the October/November 2018 issue.
1. Nunn Design’s Summer 2018 Collection adds some of the latest shapes to the company’s vast assortment of bead and jewelry findings. With the organic flat metal rectangle and circle beads; single loop pendant; large navette wire frames; and the eclipse, inverted triangle, and Marrakesh flat tags it’s easy to be inspired. Find the rest of the collection in your favorite metals and finishes at www.nunndesign.com (wholesale only) or visit your favorite bead retailer.
2. Add some personality to your designs with new clasps from Saki Silver. Designs include a variety of clasp types in several metals, such as the white bronze seashell toggle, the white bronze Asian ocean toggle, the white bronze hammered S-hook, and the bronze S-hook. Find the perfect fit for your next project at www.sakisilver.com.
3. Agnesse Artisty1, an Etsy shop by 2017 Beadwork Designer of the Year Agnieszka Watts, offers artisan ceramic focals using high-quality bisque clay. Uniquely designed and glazed by Agnieszka, these focals are perfect for bead embroidery, bezeling, and jewelry making. Visit www.agnesseartistry1.etsy.com.
4. Braid your own kumihimo designs with Cindy Grayson’s Kumihimo Bead Runway (patent pending). Accordion-style guides make it easy to string your beads in the correct order before braiding. Check out Cindy’s classes, look for her upcoming book, and learn more at www.beadrunway.wordpress.com.
5. Check out new metal stamps from ImpressArt and Beaducation! Impress Art’s new additions include a 6mm campfire design stamp and a 12mm ultra-detail mermaid stamp. To learn more, visit www.impressart.com or www.pjtooljewelry.com. Beaducation’s latest original stamps include left- and right-facing 11.75×4.7mm Caesar branch border stamps, left- and right-facing 10×3.5mm garden branch border stamps, 15mm and 11mm peacock feather stamps, a 10mm Namaste lotus stamp, 11mm and 6mm “tall” Moroccan arch stamps, an 8mm mermaid scales stamp, and 11mm and 6mm “wide” Moroccan arch stamps. Find these products, as well as free classes, at www.beaducation.com.
6. New from Cherry Tree Beads is a collection of green bronze pewter charms with over 30 different designs, including celestial, nature, and symbolic motifs. Also find rice, rondelle, and round crystal orbit beads. Offered in a variety of sizes and colors, these beads feature frosted stripes around the sparkling crystals for a simple but stunning textured effect. Visit www.cherrytreebeads.com.
7. Add movement and create statement jewelry with new chain styles from Beadaholique. Featuring crescent moon links, diamond-cut two-tone snake chain, links showcasing evil eye beads, openwork roses, and solid teardrop baubles, these cut-to-order chains are available in silver, gold, and antiqued brass. Find more trendy chain styles at www.beadaholique.com.
8. Exclusively made by the 1928 Jewelry Company for B’Sue Boutiques, the 1928 cast-pewter line highlights designs from an archive of over 35,000 antique molds. Find the 22×16mm triple-cameo pendant; 13×18mm framed jewelry connector; 55×27mm Victorian filigree lattice floral pendant; and more old silver, gingerbread pewter, and raw pewter products at www.bsueboutiques.com.
9. Potomac Bead Company’s newest shaped bead, the StormDuo, isn’t actually new at all. Modeled after a vintage mold from the 1950s, this two-hole bead is completely reversible and resembles a hurricane symbol. Get yours today and start experimenting with the bead’s curves and swirls! Visit www.potomacbeads.com.
10. Discover TierraCast’s Worlds Away Collection, including symbolic charms—the hamsa, compass, and arrow—in antiqued silver, antiqued gold, and brass oxide. The eclectic mini collection also includes wire hoops in bright silver plate, bright gold plate, and brass oxide that easily open and close for versatility when designing. Find these and other metal components at www.tierracast.com (wholesale only) or visit your favorite bead retailer.
Handpicked Favorites from the Interweave Shop:
Brick-Stitch Beaded Butterflies: 12 Patterns Inspired by Nature eBook by Karen Parker
Bead artist Karen Parker is back with her second eBook, Brick-Stitch Beaded Butterflies: 12 Patterns Inspired by Nature. Packed with technical information and suggestions for turning your finished butterflies into pendants, brooches, and other jewelry pieces, this eBook contains 12 new lifelike patterns to keep you beading. Find it today at www.interweave.com.
Mastering Peyote Stitch with Melinda Barta Online Workshop Series
Based on 2018 Beadwork Designer of the Year Melinda Barta’s book Mastering Peyote Stitch, this course series is devoted to helping you master the many forms of peyote stitch. Each course includes expert tips, step-by-step technique instructions, and project patterns to help you put your skills to use. Start stitching today at www.interweave.com.
The staff of Beadwork invites you to send your new bead working products for consideration in Cool Stuff. Please send all submissions to [email protected] and include complete product information.
For more Cool Stuff, go to the Interweave Store.