Cool Stuff: Products We Love from April/May 2018 Beadwork Magazine
We love to bring you what’s hot and happening in the beading industry. In each issue of Beadwork magazine we feature what we’ve found and think you’d like to know about. Here are our top picks from the April/May 2018 issue.
1. New Beadaholique Basics variety packs feature jewelry findings in a variety of sizes and finishes. Designed to match any project, these assortments include clasps (shown above), earring wires, knot cups, and head pins. Also new is black satin FireLine thread, manufactured from raw black materials rather than coated—so the black color doesn’t rub off on your fingers or your beadwork. Visit www.beadaholique.com.
2. The BeadSmith’s new releases include exclusive two-hole backlit baroque 7mm cabochons, available in a variety of colors such as purple haze (shown above), and new polychrome finishes in seven colorways for shaped beads such as SuperDuos, Rullas, Nib-bits, and SuperDuo Duets. Visit www.beadsmith.com (wholesale only) or check your favorite bead retailer.
3. Available from Caravan Beads, Miyuki’s 2.5×4.5mm berry beads feature the same nesting shape as peanut beads, with a single large hole in the narrow center of the bead that can fit cord or wire up to 20 gauge. These shaped beads are sure to add texture to your next project. Visit www.caravanbeads.com or your favorite bead retailer.
4. Newly available from Fusion Beads are Miyuki Picasso size 10° and 11° Delicas. Featuring six new colors, including rattlesnake, key lime, painted turquoise, garnet, creamy jasper, and smoky obsidian, these beads lend an earthy, organic feel to any project. Find them at www.fusionbeads.com or your favorite bead retailer.
5. ImpressArt is now offering premium stamping blanks in copper, brass, Alkemé, and aluminum in about fifty different shapes and sizes. These blanks feature thicker gauges, a brighter finish, and smooth, rounded edges. Also new are metal stamps featuring both letters and numbers in Sailor font. To learn more, visit www.impressart.com or www.pjtooljewelry.com.
6. Perfect for Mother’s Day, combine a 6mm “Mother” and bow pendant necklace with a pair of 12mm round lever-back earrings by Las Vegas Rhinestones. Personalize these settings with your choice of Swarovski crystals to fit any style or occasion. Visit www.lasvegasrhinestones.com.
7. New two-hole shaped beads from Potomac Bead Company include 8x5mm bell beads, 7x10mm LeafDuos, and 3x6mm DropDuos. All are available in a variety of colors and finishes. Find these and other shaped beads at www.potomacbeads.com.
8. From Swarovski comes a new geometric collection featuring three-dimensional square, round, and hexagon spike beads. Available in one-hole 5.5mm and two-hole 7.5mm sizes and in several finishes, these beads make eye-catching additions to any project. Visit www.swarovski.com (wholesale only) or check your favorite bead retailer.
9. TierraCast’s new Soulful Spirit collection features beads and findings modeled after three of today’s hottest trends: geometric shapes, global influences, and the bohemian spirit. Using unique shapes, patterns, and textures, this collection makes jewelry design fun and easy. Available at www.tierracast.com (wholesale only) or check your favorite bead retailer.
Handpicked Favorites from the Interweave Shop:
Be(ad) Mindful Deluxe Kit
The Be(ad) Mindful Deluxe Kit is a great way to loom your way to inner peace. First, take the quiz to determine which of the three patterns matches your personality. Then, when the kit arrives, all you need to do is start looming! Including Tammy Honaman’s beginner’s looming course, a Little Ricky Beading Loom, and enough beads to make whichever pattern you desire, this kit contains everything you need—and no stress.
Discover new ways of incorporating shaped beads into your kumihimo projects with Maggie Thompson’s 10 Kumihimo Patterns to Braid: Kumihimo Bracelet & Necklace Patterns with Shaped Beads eBook. Featuring projects in a variety of styles and colors, this collection will expand your beading repertoire and give you endless inspiration.
The staff of Beadwork invites you to send your new bead working products for consideration in Cool Stuff. Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include complete product information.