Cool Stuff: Hot New Beading Supplies from Beadwork
For each issue of Beadwork magazine, we comb through a host of new beading supplies and products to bring you the latest and greatest in the bead and jewelry-making world. Enjoy these February/March 2020 issue favorites.
1. Shiny! These new rainbow titanium-coated pliers from The BeadSmith are so cool. Appropriately named Chroma, these pliers are manufactured with hardened stainless steel and have ergonomic grips. These pliers are available in chain-nose, bent chain-nose, round-nose, flat-nose, and flush cutters. Buy them because they put a smile on your face and enjoy them because they are really great tools that will last a lifetime. Request them from your favorite retailer or see more at www.beadsmith.com (wholesale only).
2. These gemstone spikes from Zola Elements are right on-trend and oh-so-versatile. Glue an end cap on and string one onto a chain or use them in place of a dagger bead in your bead-weaving designs for an artsy boho addition. Ask for these beading supplies from your favorite retailer or visit www.zolaelements.com (wholesale only) for more info.
3. Julianna C. Avelar is very excited to present the new Weaving Goddess by Jewel Loom. This Baltic Birch loom was created to enhance your weaving experience with extra width, length, and multi-sized grooves to create your jewelry, home décor, fashion, and other creative products. Available accessories include shuttles, needles, combs, and a stand—all decorated with positive affirmations. Visit www.jewelloom.com for more information and design inspiration.
4. If you need more bead organization in your life (and who doesn’t?), check out Kit Xchange’s line of craft-storage solutions designed to help save you money, time, and space. There are many styles—binders, filing cabinet panels, and even bead-board envelopes–to store and organize your beading supplies. See the full line and watch their demonstration video at www.kitxchange.com.
5. TierraCast’s latest release is called Finishing Touches. This inspired collection of components offers stunning solutions for finishing your pieces. You can crimp, glue, or stitch into these endings to give your designs a beautiful finish. Ask for these beading supplies at your favorite retailer or visit www.tierracast.com (wholesale only) for more.
6. More and more beaded-jewelry designers are including The BeadSmith’s Cymbals line of fashion metal elements in their creations, and the selection is getting bigger! Now many pieces are available in antiqued brass and rose gold. Ask for these beading supplies at your favorite bead retailer or visit www.beadsmith.com (wholesale only) for more inspiration.
7. Are you ready for spring? Beaducation’s Magnolia Stamp comes in open and closed flower designs for your floral bouquet metal stamping. Now rated for stamping all soft metals and stainless steel. See more floral stamps and lots of design inspiration at www.beaducation.com.
8. Artist Brenda Schweder teamed up with Fretz Design to create the Now That’s a Hammer! Collection. These beautiful vintage-inspired stainless steel hammers have stakes built-in for tempering, texturing, forming, and form-folding. There are three styles to choose from. Get yours at www.brendaschweder.com.
9. Check out Creating Wooden Jewelry by Sarah King, from Fox Chapel Publishing. This self-taught artist uses a new approach to wood that broadens ideas and possibilities of materials. Take a guided tour of woodworking for jewelry—jointing, turning, steaming, polishing, staining, painting, beveling, inlaying, and more. Available from your favorite bookseller.
10. Dog lovers rejoice! These six breeds of adorable and detailed sterling silver dog charms are wagging their tails over at Nina Designs. If you’re more into cats, birds, bunnies, horses, or myriad other animals—fear not! There’s something for “every-buddy” at www.ninadesigns.com.
Do you have a new tools, components, or other jewelry and beading supplies to share? Please contact me for information on how to get your product in our next issue: msteele (at) goldenpeakmedia (d0t) com.