7 Things to Love about August/September Beadwork
Making beaded jewelry is one of the most meditative crafts I know of. Stitch by stitch, we become absorbed in our own world and emerge with beautifully inspired jewelry components. And while the August/September Beadwork issue is full of 28 stunning projects to motivate you to Zen out, I’ve made a list of seven things that I think you’ll find truly inspiring.
1. I love the architectural complexity of the Moroccan Lantern Pendant by Designer of the Year Melissa Grakowsky Shippee, with its unique mix of beads forming a standout piece of jewelry.
3. Eight designers provide eight different ways to incorporate leather into jewelry designs. My fave? Becky Nunn’s cool Boho Leather Bangle stack.
4. You’ll want to read Bead Buzz to find out how the proprietor of the Lonakana bead retreat in northeast Pennsylvania provides much-needed respite to cancer patients and their families.
5. You’ve spoken and we’re listening! Tap into the current chenille craze and learn flat chenille stitch with Diána Balogh’s Chenille Shimmer Bracelet.
6. To appease your inner rock star, create patterned guitar-pick shapes for your ears with Debora Hodoyer’s Pick-a-Note Earrings.
7. And, finally, many of us need help containing our clutter, myself included! See our feature article for editors’ top five easy (and cheap!) tips for organizing your craft space.
Take your pick of any one of the projects presented in the pages of August/September’s Beadwork to help ease stress and increase your happiness while the hours melt away.
What’s Cookin’ in the Beadwork Office?
We’re gearing up for Bead Fest Philly, August 16–20, 2017. The largest jewelry event on the East Coast brings a wide selection of workshops for every skill level plus an extraordinary lineup of exhibitors. Visit www.beadfest.com for details.
Get all the materials you’ll need to make the Tucson Vista necklace in a kit. Or use the kit to make a bracelet, using slightly modified instructions that can be found in the magazine.
Editor, Beadwork magazine
Get this issue today in our shop!