48 Projects to Refresh Your Love of Seed Beads
For something that can be as small as 1.5mm, seed beads sure have mighty potential. I’m always amazed when a pile of seed beads is transformed into a stunning piece of jewelry. While sometimes I can barely contain my creative ideas, other times I look at the beads in front of me and, no matter how much I love them, my mind goes blank! In times like these, I like to remind myself of my love of seed beads through beaded inspiration. Below are some of the most inspiring ways to do so!
1. Look to (beaded) nature. Many of us find inspiration in nature, whether that’s by taking a walk, riding a bike, gardening, etc. There are also endless opportunities to find nature in beaded designs. Stitch up butterflies, bees, creatures of the sea, fruits, and more to bring nature to life with beads.
2. Be true to your love of bezels. Who isn’t captivated by a mesmerizing crystal or a treasured stone? Use bezel techniques to turn any diamond, cabochon, or gemstone into the star of your next design.
3. Think pink. A pinch of pink adds femininity to any outfit. Try focusing on this warm hue the next time you’re designing. Even if it isn’t a color you normally gravitate toward, you may find it to be the creative push you need!
4. Embellish your ears. There’s nothing I love more than a beautiful beaded earring project! Earrings are my favorite way to top off an outfit and they make the best gifts for the special people in my life!
5. Stick with seeds. For many of us, the love of beadweaving began with seed beads. When I’m in a creative rut it helps to go back to the basics–to where it all began! Dig into your stash to make projects using traditional stitches and seed beads.
If it’s time to refresh your love of seed beads, find your inspiration in the Beadwork Presents: Beautiful Beaded Projects Ultimate Collection for five pattern collections and forty-eight unique projects that will revitalize your love of beading!