10 Things You Didn't Know About: Lavon Peters
Through the hustle and bustle of our most recent publications, Create Jewelry 2014 and Jewelry Stringing, Fall 2014, we have been extremely lucky to add a fantastic new member to the staff of Jewelry Stringing and Beadwork. This super-organized, extremely-detailed, and wonderfully enthusiastic lady has joined our team as Managing Editor. Without further ado, here are some fun facts to officially introduce you to Lavon Peters…
1. She was born in Illinois, but grew up in various parts of Canada. She attended high school and college in Illinois and migrated to Colorado in 1996.
2. If she could live anywhere in the world, she would choose to stay right here in Colorado! However, she wouldn't mind having a beach house to vacation to a few times a year!
3. One of her late-blooming hobbies is running, which she started at age 32. She has run numerous 5Ks and 10Ks, as well as five half marathons. She has also recently been trying her hand at beadweaving!
4. Her favorite kind of food is heavy, greasy Midwestern food. No salads for her!
5. Her favorite piece of jewelry is a triple rolling Russian “wedding ring” that she has had since her first child was born.
6. Her ideal weekend would consist of dinner out, a movie, a day on the lake near her house, a nap, and a good book.
7. She worked her way into publishing by starting as a proofreader, then moving up through the Editorial ranks. Managing Editor is a perfect job for her because she enjoys both editing and project management.
8. Her favorite movie is the classic Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
9. In her spare time she enjoys reading, and her favorite books are I Know This Much Is True, by Wally Lamb, and The Secret History, by Donna Tartt.
10. She and her long-time partner, Brad, live with their rotating mix of seven children and a dog who loves to run just as much as she does!
Welcome aboard, Lavon!
Jewelry Stringing & Beadwork