Yarn to Fit: Keys to Successful Knitting with Laura Bryant and Barry Klein (Video Download)
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Become a knitwear design aficionado.
With Yarn to Fit: Keys to Successful Knitting with Laura Bryant and Barry Klein, you’ll be prepared to choose appropriate design elements such as necklines, taper, shoulder seaming, and sleeve length. You’ll learn how to mix and match armhole depth, taper, collars, and more to make the garment look its best. It’s all about tailoring knitwear!
PLUS, with Laura and Barry’s tips and techniques for finishing, making adjustments, and much more, you’ll have the yarn knowledge and the information you need to becoming a knitwear designer.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Laura Bryant and Barry Klein|
- Basics are covered very well
- Barry and Laura do a good job covering the basics of fit and yarn substitution. Also included are a few tips on fixing fit. Only factual problem is Laura says Merino wool is long and lustrous. Merino is neither. Merino has a short staple (for wool) with high crimp (less luster), but is the finest and softest of wools. The "luster wools" are long fibered and course. (Posted on 12/4/2014)
- This is THE best instructional video on fitting I have ever seen!!
I have taken a lot of courses on fitting, both when it comes to knitting, sewing and crocheting. This is THE BEST, it is clear and concise and from here on in I am using these measuring techniques for any garment I will make in the future...
It also entails a great discussion on ease, fibers, ets... It's just a MUST HAVE!! (Posted on 6/29/2014)
- Worth every cent
- I took a Knit to Fit class with Barry Klein and it changed the way I look at patterns and what I choose for myself. It's well worth "coming out of your comfort zone" as he says and trying new styles you thought might not work for you. Also, you will finally understand how to properly measure yourself and look great. Laura is brilliant with color and her expertise helps you see things in a new way. It's great to have these DVDs available for reference at any time as well as a nice compliment to their book "A Knitter's Template". (Posted on 7/6/2012)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org