Wire Weaving Techniques: Mastering Fine-guaged Wire Weave
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Wire weaving is a form of wire work that allows you to create more intricate and detailed designs without any need for soldering. The weave itself is what is used to hold the multiple wires together and creates a foundation to build upon for a more layered look. Learning to wire weave in finer wire gauges creates a more delicate design that lends itself well to a more feminine style. Join Sarah Thompson for her web seminar that will help you mastering wire- weaving techniques using 28g or 30g wire. Sarah will show you her three favorite weaves, why she like them, and when I would us each particular weave in a design.
Sarah advises that wire-weaving with 28g wire is more difficult then weaving with 26g or 24g wire because the wire has a tendency of tangling and is more likely to break. Because weaving can take hours to do and is solely done with our hands it can cause hand fatigue. All these factors can be discouraging when you first start out. Throughout this web seminar you will learn tips and techniques to make weaving more enjoyable as well as making your weave tighter and more consistent at the same time. Then, finish the web seminar discussing some ways that you can apply the weaves so you can start exploring new design possibilities on your own.
What You'll Learn:
- Basic Figure 8 weave, Modified Somack, Lashing weave and when to use the different weaves.
- Tips for increasing or decreasing a weave successfully.
- Common problems that occur when weaving and how to avoid them.
- What materials and tools to use to help your weaving experience be better.
- How to get a tight consistent weave and what wire gauges to use for the base wires.
- And so much more!
Sarah Thompson has always been interested in art and became passionate in making jewelry at 14. Early on her focus was on beadwork particularly off loom designing. 10 years ago she had a desire to transition into wire weaving as she saw the potential of making intricate designs by utilizing this technique. It took her 5 years of trial and error before it all came together, and it was when she melded concepts learned from beading into wire weaving that success came. The last 5 years has been a wonderful journey exploring the diversity that comes with wire weaving as she continues to find ways to push the envelope. She has been teaching wire weaving techniques locally for the last 3 years and is currently working on a book.
Who Should Download:
- Jewelry makers and designers who would like to learn the first step needed to make intricate wire work.
- Jewelry makers and designers who would like to know what wire weaving is.
- Wire workers and designers who would like to perfect the weaving techniques.
- Wire workers and designers who would like to take their own work to a new level by learning a new technique.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- Do not buy not worth .03 (Posted on 3/13/2015)
- Not quite what I expected but good Teaching
- I think I had expected to see a live person working as she taught, but the content was good and so was the teaching. I just wish there was a way to download the illustrations to my computer to review as I work in my studio (Posted on 3/6/2015)
- Not what i expected
- This was my first web seminar. I'd expected to have videos of the demonstrator actually weaving wire rather than reading from a script over still images. (Posted on 3/2/2015)