Weaving a No Sew Baby Blanket Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Weaving a No Sew Baby Blanket
with Sara Bixler
Video Download | 42 Minutes
In this video, you will learn how to create a simple no sew baby blanket on a rigid heddle loom. You will weave narrow panels as small as you'd like, and seam them together in a series of small loops on each selvedge edge of your panels. These loops will allow you to construct the blanket without ever picking up a sewing needle.
Download Weaving No Sew Baby Blanket today!
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- More than a blanket!
- I'm a fairly new weaver and still absorbing tips and tricks like a sponge. This basic blanket is lovely and the joining technique very clever but the extra tips and tricks to make your weaving projects come out nicely are a great bonus - for example, making your beginning tail invisible! Brilliant! Thanks for the thoughtful and well presented instruction. One item was left to our imagination or intellect - we have to assume that the floating selvedge was removed at some point! It would be nice to have seen how that works and hints to make it a smooth process. Guess I'll have to try and see how it comes out. Thanks again!! (Posted on 7/4/2016)
- Simple, clever and easy to follow
This is such a simple process, and so clearly explained that part of me thought - is that it? But that is the art of good teaching, and that is what we see here. Everything is shown very clearly and described in an unhurried, straightforward manner. If all teachers were so good, we would all be geniuses.
In addition to learning how to join woven panels together with side loops, I picked up a couple of really good tips here. I am fairly new to weaving, and had not come across Sara's brilliant technique for making the weft ends disappear. Again, so simple and elegant yet so clever. Watch for it near the beginning. I also hadn't come across the yarn twister Sara uses to neaten the fringe. Another clever idea, and one I shall be using - plus a great excuse to buy yet another gadget. Bring on the next video, Sara. (Posted on 11/6/2015)
- Practical solution to a common problem
Joining the panels of multi-panel woven projects is a perennial problem for weavers who want to weave an item wider than the capacity of their looms. Sara Bixler presents an easy solution and in the process introduces her viewers to utilizing floating selvedge warps. Sara Bixler's techniques for rigid heddle weavers series is an excellent way to broaden the horizons of any weaver, especially for rigid heddle weavers. Her explanations are easily understood, the videography is clear, and she demonstrates her mastery of weaving.
I highly recommend this entire series. (Posted on 9/15/2015)
- What a great technique
- This video shows a very simple and practical approach to making rigid heddle woven projects in several panels in such a way that they can be joined easily and attractively without sewing them together. It is also a wonderful presentation of using floating selvedge warps in weaving. The technique is clearly demonstrated with a bonus of several hints for successful weaving on a rigid heddle loom. I hope that Interweave Press will produce more good quality videos for rigid heddle weaving in the future. I'll certainly keep my eye out for more videos. (Posted on 3/27/2015)
- Cette technique est fantastique ! Elle permet d'assembler plusieurs bandes grâce à un procédé ingénieux. Très bien filmé pour une bonne compréhension sans la langue. A recommander fortement ! Et à consommer sans modération ! (Posted on 2/16/2015)
- How practicle and easy is that
- I couldn't believe how simple and practical this method is. Sara you are brilliant (Posted on 2/7/2015)